• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Totally agree.

I'd take a "boring" summer window.

Keep all the 1st team players, get a RWB back up, a striker, a back up keeper, bring back Mosquera and Chiquinho to be squad players.

Yeah that'd be great.
Not sure how this suggestion on the previous page that seemed to be largely agreed with, is now being argued against (by some of the same people)

We don't need to sell any of the Crown jewels to fund the above.

We sold players for significant sums last season, you're all mugs if you feel we need to do it to a large extent again this season.

We had money put aside for a January striker signing, that hasn't been spent.
I think most people are saying we probably have to sell one (of our better) players, no?

We sold players for significant sums last season, you're all mugs if you feel we need to do it to a large extent again this season.

We had money put aside for a January striker signing, that hasn't been spent.

Not sure anyone has said anything about replicating last summer.

All anyone has done is question your suggestion that we keep all our players and add 3/4 new players. If you want those new signings to be anywhere near good enough that isn't going to be likely.

Not sure anyone has said anything about replicating last summer.

All anyone has done is question your suggestion that we keep all our players and add 3/4 new players. If you want those new signings to be anywhere near good enough that isn't going to be likely.
Well given I suggested a BACK UP goalkeeper, a BACK UP RWB and a striker (who would be a squad player) and bring back Mosquera and Chiquinho into the squad

We can absolutely do that without selling anyone, if you think otherwise you've been drinking the Fosun kool-aid.

Well given I suggested a BACK UP goalkeeper, a BACK UP RWB and a striker (who would be a squad player.)

We can absolutely do that without selling anyone.

Good luck selling O'Neil that vision. Given we've made it public that we want him to sign a new contract in the summer.

Also, have fun convincing our first team players to stay through another summer of fuck all investment in the first team. There will be significant interest in multiple first team players this summer and big bids will come in from big clubs.

Good luck selling O'Neil that vision. Given we've made it public that we want him to sign a new contract in the summer.

Also, have fun convincing our first team players to stay through another summer of fuck all investment in the first team. There will be significant interest in multiple first team players this summer and big bids will come in from big clubs.
Your logic baffles me.

Us keeping all our first team players and adding to the squad strength as I've suggested leaves us stronger than selling one (or two) of the crown jewels and hoping we can replace their quality.

It would actually be a show of ambition if we kept the squad together that has performed so well.

Well given I suggested a BACK UP goalkeeper, a BACK UP RWB and a striker (who would be a squad player) and bring back Mosquera and Chiquinho into the squad

We can absolutely do that without selling anyone, if you think otherwise you've been drinking the Fosun kool-aid.
The big difference between you and everyone else isn't whether we need to raise money, it's that they will choose to not spend without selling players first. Only the gullible don't believe we have the money, I'd argue you have to be pretty naive after all the messaging to think we are going to spend anything without sales

The big difference between you and everyone else isn't whether we need to raise money, it's that they will choose to not spend without selling players first. Only the gullible don't believe we have the money, I'd argue you have to be pretty naive after all the messaging to think we are going to spend anything without sales
"Everyone else" right ok...

Fosun have changed their strategy about 8 times since they came in, you don't know anymore than I do what they will do.

But we absolutely can fund the type of squad surgery I suggested without selling a major player, we all agree on that? Yes?

Depends how cheap we want to buy 2-3 players for.

"Everyone else" right ok...

Fosun have changed their strategy about 8 times since they came in, you don't know anymore than I do what they will do.

But we absolutely can fund the type of squad surgery I suggested without selling a major player, we all agree on that? Yes?
Can, but won't

Depends how cheap we want to buy 2-3 players for.

Well that depends on how good the scouting is and how well they settle, no? We can comfortably afford a couple of £10-15m punts without selling one of our star players. We already gutted Compton and created significant PSR buffer last Summer; we don't need (and the depth can't afford) a one-in-one-out policy

Well that depends on how good the scouting is and how well they settle, no? We can comfortably afford a couple of £10-15m punts without selling one of our star players. We already gutted Compton and created significant PSR buffer last Summer; we don't need (and the depth can't afford) a one-in-one-out policy

It wouldn't be one-in-one-out though, hopefully it'd look more like one/two-out-five/six-in this summer.

Funny how it's never Wolves interested in one of Man Utd's best players. That, points deductions, FFP for some but maybe not for others (Man City for sure, Chelsea?), and an observer might begin to think the whole thing is rigged. Ever was it thus! The papers are full of Neto off to, say, Arsenal. But Saka going the other way? Nope :unsure:

Last edited:
Back