• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Funny how it's never Wolves interested in one of Man Utd's best players. That, points deductions, FFP for some but maybe not for others (Man City for sure, Chelsea?), and an observer might begin to think the whole thing is rigged. Ever was it thus! The papers are full of Neto off to, say, Arsenal. But Saka going the other way? Nope :unsure:
Hardly a mystery worthy of Sherlock Holmes.

Funny how it's never Wolves interested in one of Man Utd's best players. That, points deductions, FFP for some but maybe not for others (Man City for sure, Chelsea?), and an observer might begin to think the whole thing is rigged. Ever was it thus! The papers are full of Neto off to, say, Arsenal. But Saka going the other way? Nope :unsure:
Why didn't we sign de Bruyne when Nunes moved? Guess we'll never know

Trying to think of when we've signed a player another comparable English club didn't want to let go Keen and Thomas are the two who come to mind 30 years ago. Curle a bit later

West Ham were happy to let Keen go, same as Newcastle were with Kelly

Keith Curle perhaps

I don't know the wranglings involved in prising Doc from Atletico

He signed for Sporting on 13th July when we were in the middle of our we aren’t signing anyone and the manager is about to walk out period.

We were definitely in for Gyö and we definitely should've signed him but that story seems more than a little sus.

If we couldn't afford Alex Scott then we weren't paying €20m for Gyökeres either.

You can see Scott is a good footballer but a) I'm not entirely sure exactly what he is as a midfielder and b) I don't think he gets in our team. Not bothered about that one.

I don’t think any of us who saw Gyökeres last season saw this coming for him. He looked okay.

Worth remembering that Sporting have been home to some high scoring flops in the past (Ricky van Wolfswinkel, Islam Slimani, etc). They weren’t contributing quite like Gyökeres is, though.

Last edited:
They were also just just scorers. Seen a couple of games and he has looked utterly superb for them, almost like a sort of Torres with his strength and athletic style (despite not being overly quick)my mate who is a Sporting fan described him as one of the best Sporting players he has seen in ages, he was apprehensive when they signed him and asked if I had seen him, I said I thought he had thr ability to step up but couldn't imagine this.

If Adams is a free transfer then he'll have far more clubs looking for him you'd have to think .

Back