• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Would love to know what he's appealing for.
Going for the classic "it's only gone that far wide because it hit the defender" appeal.

I did that once after a huge slice of a shot from 6 yards....won the corner as well and we scored 😎

£35m in

Mosquera back in the team.

Jeff = Grin + Tea

They'll have a serious scouting dept by then with Ashworth pulling the strings in the background. If there is any interest that'll kill it

They'll have a serious scouting dept by then with Ashworth pulling the strings in the background. If there is any interest that'll kill it
Hopefully they haven’t sorted the compensation for Ashworth by then!

It's probably a no-brainer regardless, the problem is that IMO we'd then need Yerson + 1, and I think we'd actually just get Yerson.

I don't hate Kilman as much as others on here but if Utd offer us 40m for him he has to go, I'd expect we don't need to worry about selling other first teamers as much then. Neto's value has probably dripped significantly with his injuries so unless we sell RAN or Gomes, I don't see where the money is coming in.

I don't hate Kilman as much as others on here but if Utd offer us 40m for him he has to go, I'd expect we don't need to worry about selling other first teamers as much then. Neto's value has probably dripped significantly with his injuries so unless we sell RAN or Gomes, I don't see where the money is coming in.
40M? Everton fans think the bundle of shit that is Branthwaite is worth 60M.

I think Kilman has actually had a really good season and a much better season than I thought he was capable of in a system like O'Neil's. That said, if we were to sell him in the summer I think that he could be replaced and I think he'd struggle at a club like United.

Given his reputation, experience and contract length I'd be asking for more than the £30M we turned down in the summer though.

I think Kilman has actually had a really good season and a much better season than I thought he was capable of in a system like O'Neil's. That said, if we were to sell him in the summer I think that he could be replaced and I think he'd struggle at a club like United.

Given his reputation, experience and contract length I'd be asking for more than the £30M we turned down in the summer though.

Agree entirely - I'd have taken the Napoli £30m in the Summer in a heart beat, but he's ultimately had a very good season (particularly if you don't watch him for 90 minutes every week). He's played both on the right of the three and as sweeper, his performances have improved since being made captain, he's been better/braver on the ball, and he hasn't made any clangers. He's also the saleable asset that we'd miss the least IMO - I wouldn't see Mosquera/Dawson/Toti as being particularly worse than Kilman/Dawson/Toti; in fact it may help us given the added pace could push us forward ten yards

Very hard to see any club offering 30m for Kilman in the Summer .

Back