• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I listen to a couple of Wolves podcasts (fancast & talking wolves) on my drive to work throughout the week & both of them have mentioned Neto and his seemingly increasing frustration at his teammates. Lots of arm flapping & exasperated huffs & puffs when a pass is misplaced or doesn’t quite reach him etc. I was surprised by both podcasts going in on Neto a bit. They were wondering if those actions were signs that Pedro is starting to feel like he’s outgrown us - like he’s too big for us. There were comments that if he’s doing that publicly, he could well end up kicking off a bit for a move in the summer behind closed doors.

Personally, I don’t think he will & I think that’s a bit unfair. The frustration at his teammates comes across to me in a way that he wants them to be better. If it motivates them to do better, it’s fine, but if it’s turns & starts to have a detrimental effect (I hope/don’t think it will) then that’s when we need to worry.

I don't know why you're surprised at anything those idiots say. Same people (children really) who were going in two footed on Nuno and consistently shat on players like Moutinho & Neves throughout their entire time here. Talking Wolves are fine for retweeting genuine journalists news/rumours but their opinions are worth fuck all.

I find the comments about Neto's attitude to be utterly mystifying.

He's a competitor, he wants to win. I've seen absolutely nothing out of him even approaching "too big for the club".

It's true he waves his arms around in the air when things doesn't go his way though isn't it? That doesn't mean there is an issue with him at all, it's just something he does. But there is nothing wrong with it being a talking point? Is there?

Lots of players do/did this, Di Canio, Zlatan, Ronaldo, Fernandes, it's not a likeable character trait, but it's usually the very best players who do it.

Speak for yourself. There are plenty of decent Wolves commentators out there, Talking Wolves are not one of them.
All i'm saying is that ultimately our opinions aren't worth much, they are exactly that.

In this case i'm surprised anyone is getting bent out of shape by the discussion, it's not a slight on Neto or Wolves, it's just a legitimate talking point?

Putting aside the podcast, I made my own observation after the Brentford game that some of Neto’s antics had gone too far in the second half there. So I should stick to it! He did lose it and down tools on various occasions and it genuinely did make us worse as a team. You won’t see it on the telly, but it’s the one of those few things I did get a comprehensive view of as it was happening right in front of me.

I’d imagine that with relatively few games left in his Wolves career, and under what seems like good solid man management in place, it won’t get out of hand, and it does often come with the territory for such a talented player. Not a great look though and merits comment.

I don’t think it’s a legitimate talking point at all. RoJo and Hennessey squaring up was a talking point. This is folks pre-emptively pushing away the girlfriend they think they aren’t good enough for.

This is folks pre-emptively pushing away the girlfriend they think they aren’t good enough for.
Is it? How so?

I must have got the wrong end of the stick here, i've listened to the podcast in question (given the reaction to Lycan's post, not sure others have?) and i didn't feel it was in anyway negative about Neto at all. Just noting that he gets a bit annoyed when things don't go his way, which i think we've all noticed.

I don’t think it’s a legitimate talking point at all. RoJo and Hennessey squaring up was a talking point. This is folks pre-emptively pushing away the girlfriend they think they aren’t good enough for.
I don’t think you’re right there Al. I can only imagine you literally can’t see it on TV.

Like I say though, I’m not worried. God knows there have been players with genuinely bad attitudes in recent months let alone years. I’m happier turning up tomorrow thinking I might see Neto not be arsed to keep a ball in play when he could as he doesn’t like the pass, than see some trundler fight hard to so only to shank it straight into my pie.

People know he’ll be off soon so they’re looking for ways to make the breakup easier on themselves. Such as concluding that a bit of mild frustration means he doesn’t want to be here anymore.
Ok, yeah that makes sense. I don't think that's what people are doing though, and certainly not my perception of that particular conversation on TW.

On a slightly similar note, i do struggle with how excited people get about the potential wad of money we will be getting for him though. If i wanted to support a bank i would (crap analogy). Given how the club have behaved recently i have little faith that the money for Neto will be spent in full, or well. I'd much rather we keep him for another season, if that's possible.

I don't remember being excited about the cash we got for Keane, or thinking "oooh, i wonder how much we could get for Bully", I just loved watching them play for us.

I don’t think you’re right there Al. I can only imagine you literally can’t see it on TV.

Like I say though, I’m not worried. God knows there have been players with genuinely bad attitudes in recent months let alone years. I’m happier turning up tomorrow thinking I might see Neto not be arsed to keep a ball in play when he could as he doesn’t like the pass, than see some trundler fight hard to so only to shank it straight into my pie.
Certainly can't discount your first point.

He's always been a player on the emotional edge, IMV; I haven't seen anything that made me say "oi, that's a bit much", but as you say, the broadcast doesn't focus on just Pedro the whole 90' (though I wouldn't complain if they did).

Ok, yeah that makes sense. I don't think that's what people are doing though, and certainly not my perception of that particular conversation on TW.

On a slightly similar note, i do struggle with how excited people get about the potential wad of money we will be getting for him though. If i wanted to support a bank i would (crap analogy). Given how the club have behaved recently i have little faith that the money for Neto will be spent in full, or well. I'd much rather we keep him for another season, if that's possible.
All speculation on my part but same on theirs, I'd say.

The leap to "he's itching to get out of here" is huge, though, IMO. Haven't seen that here, specifically, tbf.

All speculation on my part but same on theirs, I'd say.

The leap to "he's itching to get out of here" is huge, though, IMO. Haven't seen that here, specifically, tbf.
I've not seen or heard that anywhere either.

There's nothing in it at all, he's not Ronaldo refusing to move for a ball one yard away from perfection or Fernandes whining at his team mates for failing to read his superb pass that sailed miles out of play.

I have no idea what Talking Wolves specifically said as I'd rather listen to Liz Truss' thoughts on early 2000s popular music.

There's nothing in it at all, he's not Ronaldo refusing to move for a ball one yard away from perfection or Fernandes whining at his team mates for failing to read his superb pass that sailed miles out of play.
To clarify, whilst i used those examples, i wasn't suggesting he was anywhere like those pair, just easy examples.

Last edited:
Back