• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Just out of interest, do you listen to or read any Wolves related media?
I used to read Paul Berry and Johnny Phillips in the E&S but I'm loath to pay for it given how poor the rest of the output is
PTS in The Athletic, I don't often agree with his views especially as they're frequently far too simplistic
Tried the podcasts, disliked all of them, especially Spiers and Rioja Boy trying to be funny
I don't mind Gully (Musings from Molineux) even though he remains a huge Lage/Fabio truther

It’s frustrating how sht they are in general as I’m an absolute sucker for the podcast format. Also I don’t have any Wolves supporting mates [a sentence that could be edited for hilarious effect…] so listening to informed people talking about Wolves would be a real joy. I also find them an amazing way of getting back to sleep if I’m suffering from my low level insomnia.

I should probably seek out a Wolves based podcast as I'm currently getting a bit obsessed with them.

Someone should quickly say something about summer transfers before being rightly told to put this somewhere else. Er, I don’t know… please don’t sign Josh Sargent.

It’s frustrating how sht they are in general as I’m an absolute sucker for the podcast format. Also I don’t have any Wolves supporting mates [a sentence that could be edited for hilarious effect…] so listening to informed people talking about Wolves would be a real joy. I also find them an amazing way of getting back to sleep if I’m suffering from my low level insomnia.

I don't actually listen to them but The Wolves 77 Club are pretty inoffensive in that all they seem to do is a weekly round up/preview. Just a few mates having a chat about the football really, not trying to be the Wolves version of Arsenal FanTV or playing at being a journalist. None of them are obviously dislikable or try hards like some of the other podcasts either.

Wolves Fancast used to be good, but started diverging from our opinions here pretty significantly after promotion. Can’t speak to how it is currently.

I listen to a couple of Wolves podcasts (fancast & talking wolves) on my drive to work throughout the week & both of them have mentioned Neto and his seemingly increasing frustration at his teammates. Lots of arm flapping & exasperated huffs & puffs when a pass is misplaced or doesn’t quite reach him etc. I was surprised by both podcasts going in on Neto a bit. They were wondering if those actions were signs that Pedro is starting to feel like he’s outgrown us - like he’s too big for us. There were comments that if he’s doing that publicly, he could well end up kicking off a bit for a move in the summer behind closed doors.

Personally, I don’t think he will & I think that’s a bit unfair. The frustration at his teammates comes across to me in a way that he wants them to be better. If it motivates them to do better, it’s fine, but if it’s turns & starts to have a detrimental effect (I hope/don’t think it will) then that’s when we need to worry.
Maybe it's their first time watching Neto? He's always been like that when he doesn't get the ball/foul, it's just who he is.

I don’t think it’s a legitimate talking point at all. RoJo and Hennessey squaring up was a talking point. This is folks pre-emptively pushing away the girlfriend they think they aren’t good enough for.
100% Al, we know he's leaving in the summer and this chat is all about some people trying to make themselves feel better that he's "dumping" us.

Hearing different viewpoints isn't a bad thing is it? Even if you totally disagree with them? Else you're in an echo chamber.
That’s all well and good but equally if I find myself disagreeing with a pundit often enough I’ll stop devoting time to listening.

Football isn’t that serious most of the time that I feel I need to purposefully engage with “the other side”, as it were. Not in such a one-sided arrangement as a podcast.

That’s all well and good but equally if I find myself disagreeing with a pundit often enough I’ll stop devoting time to listening.

Football isn’t that serious most of the time that I feel I need to purposefully engage with “the other side”, as it were. Not in such a one-sided arrangement as a podcast.
Conversely, i think that because football isn't that serious it's easier to listen to an alternative viewpoint.

Whereas when i hear Anderson or Truss spout the hate they have recently it angers/upsets me.

Time though, yeah agreed. I run for 8-10 hours a week, so i have plenty of time to listen to stuff.

I listen to the Wolves Weekly and a few other podcasts, Quite like them

I probably listen to about 1 in 3, but the E&S one can give a bit of itk stuff. You have to fast forward the first 10 mins to avoid the bantz though. I used to listen to The Athletic one with Janet and Spiers for the same reason until they binned it off. Not interested in fan ones, although if they have a guest like Johnny Phillips on I will listen to that to hear what he has to say.

I like the Wolf Whistle, depending on the guest, although the presenter's voice is annoying - but that's not his fault.

Didn’t realise when I posted yesterday it was going to cause a big debate on podcasts! Apologies on that.

I only listen to them as I usually have an hour drive to & from work three times a week and there’s only so much early 00’s pop punk you can listen to in one week.

Wolves Fancast is my preferred choice over Talking Wolves, but they’re both pretty inoffensive. I used to like the poddy that Spiers did with Jacqui Oatley but they binned it off after a season which never made sense to me. Particularly as they could get guests that the fan-led ones can’t.

Didn’t realise when I posted yesterday it was going to cause a big debate on podcasts! Apologies on that.

I only listen to them as I usually have an hour drive to & from work three times a week and there’s only so much early 00’s pop punk you can listen to in one week.

Wolves Fancast is my preferred choice over Talking Wolves, but they’re both pretty inoffensive. I used to like the poddy that Spiers did with Jacqui Oatley but they binned it off after a season which never made sense to me. Particularly as they could get guests that the fan-led ones can’t.
I think Jacqui Oatley's deal with Sky has an element of exclusivity, meaning she couldn't continue with that podcast. Which, I agree, was pretty good - she brought out a less inane side of Spiers.

I think Jacqui Oatley's deal with Sky has an element of exclusivity, meaning she couldn't continue with that podcast. Which, I agree, was pretty good - she brought out a less inane side of Spiers.
It wasn't that, the Athletic pulled the funding to concentrate on the Sky 6 either directly with their own pods or indirectly with the generic ones which only talk about them anyway.

Jinky with the investigative journalism on this one

Last edited:
Back