• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

We may have whiffed on Viktor Gyökeres. He's got 30g and 11a in 33 appearances for Sporting this season (all comps). Fair to say that that's fucking nuts.

Wouldn't have guessed he had it in him last season.

Reactions: b3h
We may have whiffed on Viktor Gyökeres. He's got 30g and 11a in 33 appearances for Sporting this season (all comps). Fair to say that that's fucking nuts.

Not sure we were ever in for him were we? Day have no cash to spend

Not sure we were ever in for him were we? Day have no cash to spend
We sure were linked with him a ton! Thought Cov just set the price too high for us (and in fairness it seemed too much at the time, and may still be; very very poor Prem strikers have had good records in Portugal).

Sarabia got 15 goals and 6 assists for Sporting Lisbon.

I don't think it's any guarantee of anything when switching to the PL. Especially for strikers.

Sarabia got 15 goals and 6 assists for Sporting Lisbon.

I don't think it's any guarantee of anything when switching to the PL. Especially for strikers.

Sorry, massive bugbear of mine. They're not called Sporting Lisbon. Sporting Club de Portugal, Sporting CP or just Sporting will do. Not Lisbon.

On Gyö, he's absolutely incredible really. Looks like he doesn't have any massive weaknesses in his game at the moment. He'll move for a huge fee in the summer to a top European club.

15g and 6a is a good return, obviously, Bear, but Gyökeres has doubled up on that and there are three months of play left!

I agree that you can't assume anything (hello, Ricky van Wolfswinkel, and hey, Islam Slimani) but can't knock the lad whatsoever this year; you almost literally couldn't ask him to do more than he has.

Was gonna get excited but you've taken the wind out of my sails...

Agreed. He may as well stay here if he's going to go to another team that will never win the Premier League.

Agreed. He may as well stay here if he's going to go to another team that will never win the Premier League.

Newcastle have ambition, they will be a serious threat in a few years time.

Newcastle have ambition, they will be a serious threat in a few years time.
PSR is going to limit their ceiling, they needed 3 or 4 years of consistent CL football to give them a chance of bridging the gap. Until they do they'll be a EL team, Neto should be looking to play in the CL

He’d be perfect for how Spurs play at the moment, they’re crying out for wingers who can beat a man (even Johnson and Werner have looked ok!). Won’t be winning anything going there though

Gaga? No idea tbh.

Schulte gets raved about as high upside but he’s way off top level IMO.

Edit: Turns out, Slonina is on loan at KAS Eupen. So that's uninteresting.

Last edited:
Back