• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

I'm not overly keen on mowing but I really like to get the stripes perfect. I think there's only one more mow left until the garden gets put to bd for the winter.

I'm not overly keen on mowing but I really like to get the stripes perfect. I think there's only one more mow left until the garden gets put to bd for the winter.
Yeah, one more mow and a few more days of raking leaves. Just had a shed delivered to store all the garden furniture. Just need a dry day to erect it.

Yeah, one more mow and a few more days of raking leaves. Just had a shed delivered to store all the garden furniture. Just need a dry day to erect it.
Get a decent garden vacuum/blower, or do what I did and have the tree cut down.

raking leaves is a pita. 2 trees, neither of which are in my garden, and one sheds its leaves alone first, the other waits til that one is done to make sure I am raking for weeks to spite me, the bastards :mad:

Get a decent garden vacuum/blower, or do what I did and have the tree cut down.
We've had our 4 big trees cut right back, but the leaves blow over our fence from the wooded area at the back and side of us.

I went downstairs to make me and the mother some lunch, as I'm nice. "Fat Bottom Girls" came on the radio and I sang along "I was just a skinny lad"

"It's been a long time since you were skinny, you fat bastard!!!" shouts my sainted mother from the lounge.

It's nice to know that during these trying times, my mother can still have fun bullying her baby boy.

tell her you're not fat. You just developed exceptionally thick skin to deal with her barbs...

tell her you're not fat. You just developed exceptionally thick skin to deal with her barbs...
She thinks it's supportive, even though I'm losing weight.

It's like when my speech went to shit after my car crash, she said "Just learn some new words". This from a woman that worked for the NHS for 50 years...

Small business (that probably needs the work & income in this year more than ever) being fair & honest.

Car due for a service & MOT by the 4th Dec & am intending to replace it as soon as my finance rearrangement completes & only done 3,700 miles this year (is 16 yrs old now). Small garage that I use has said just do the MOT & not bother with a service thus cutting their income.

Bliney it's been a while!
However after 2 or so months of 12-15 hour days things have slowed up a bit at work allowing me to browse and post a bit. Hopefully it lasts!!

Have the telly on in the background, and look up and Dempsey and Makepeace is on, had a warm feeling of Nostalgia for my infatuation with Glynis Barber mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :love:

Put a deposit down on our first home today!!

Been a whirlwind week. We had decided to wait until next year in the hope that the prices would come down.
Bank rang me on Wed to discuss where we were with saving, did some calculations and offered us a figure higher than back in June.

My wife had been keeping her eyes on a development 15 mins outside of the city and managed to get us the last viewing this morning. We saw, loved it and out the deposit down there and then to reserve it.

SUPER excited!!!

That's nothing, I sent my garden edging tools to be sharpened!

Back