• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Not sure if this was where I first saw it, but on Nat Geographic Science they are about to show 'How to build A Football Stadium'.
Leeds, I'm talking to you!

My youngest stepdaughter has asked me to walk down the aisle with her, & give her away when she marries next year.
Being a stepparent is probably the most difficult thing I have ever done, but is also one of the most rewarding.
It's all a bit emotional.
Mate, knowing you, I'm sure you've earnt the honour .
Being a step parent of over 34 years, I just wish there could be a 'rebranding' Step father always conjures up a not nice image

I love being a stepdad - my stepdaughter and I are really close, and as she's the eldest of our 3 kids she's also a brilliant role model for my 2. It's pretty cool that we can talk about video games, play guitar together and sometimes she even 'forces' me and her mum to go to the pub with her - particularly when it's sunny like this weekend was.

And LJ - I agree with Paul, what an awesome honour that I'm sure is 100% deserved.

Have to say I have loved being a stepdad (and being a step grandparent to their kids). One of the biggest deals to me ever (to date) would be when the kids entrusted their children to me, even if just for a short period of time.
I've 3 stepdaughters. The eldest never took to me, and was really disruptive at first. She's since come round (I mean, it has been 20 years!) Youngest (who has asked me) took to me straight away though, and we have always got on well. I'm not supposed to know this, but she loves it when people assume I am her real dad, and she declines to correct people who make this mistake.

I'm a step grandad to a 20 month old called Athena who lives in Castleford, love her to bits, such a cute little character. Don't consider myself a step father to Athena's mother though. Never had kids of my own so Athena is my first experience of the feeling

Have to say I have loved being a stepdad (and being a step grandparent to their kids). One of the biggest deals to me ever (to date) would be when the kids entrusted their children to me, even if just for a short period of time.
I've 3 stepdaughters. The eldest never took to me, and was really disruptive at first. She's since come round (I mean, it has been 20 years!) Youngest (who has asked me) took to me straight away though, and we have always got on well. I'm not supposed to know this, but she loves it when people assume I am her real dad, and she declines to correct people who make this mistake.
My stepdaughter always introduces me as 'her dad'

Conversely I refer to my two stepchildren as daughter and son. Unfortunately my mother refers to them as <insert wife's name> children 😡

Last edited:
My stepdaughter always introduces me as 'her dad'

Conversely I refer to my two stepchildren as daughter and son. Unfortunately my mother refers to them as <insert wife's name> children 😡
It is interesting, and sometimes difficult. I refer to myself as their stepdad in conversation, but I actually usually refer to myself as their kids grandad, although that is probably cos it is easier than explaining.
The kids have always called me by name, and some of the grandkids do too, tbh. I know my youngest worries that I don't want dad stuff, or that calling me dad might be upsetting, which couldn't be further from the truth!

It is interesting, and sometimes difficult. I refer to myself as their stepdad in conversation, but I actually usually refer to myself as their kids grandad, although that is probably cos it is easier than explaining.
The kids have always called me by name, and some of the grandkids do too, tbh. I know my youngest worries that I don't want dad stuff, or that calling me dad might be upsetting, which couldn't be further from the truth!
My stepchildren call me by my christian name. I'm cool with that. My (step) granchildren and greatgrandchildren all call me grandad (except those who can't talk yet😉). Many years ago my stepson asked "do I have call to you dad"? I replied that he could call me whatever he was the most comfortable with (within reason!).

Middle step daughters eldest is now a teenager. When he was very young, mrs jelly and others were teaching hime names and family relations (ie joe is your cousin, vic is your auntie etc). They tried to catch him out asking who I was, and quick as a flash he replied "warren is my friend". My heart melted!

This is like looking down a telescope the wrong end... Because I'm a certain age, when I'm with Susie, my 10 year old daughter, people often start a conversation with her, in shops, at the till, sometimes at the kiosk waiting to pay to get in somewhere, and I'll hear, "... and what about Grandad? Is Grandad looking after you today"? To which Susie nonchalantly responds, "well, that's my Daddy!" (Cue mild mortification of person.!)
So if it's at an entry point, said person, apologising profusely, adjust the fare UP to an Adult. To which I have to tell them, "Well, sorry, but I'm actually 73..." (Cue more spluttering apologies as they adjust it back down.)
Happens a lot.
Makes me smile.

Got pissed with andy gray and emlyn hughes in the mount, but tbh i got pissed with andy many times.
Tgi fridays and the elbow room most favourite haunts.
Worst ever, danny hegan at the lafyette, jeez he could drink, his nickname was "guiness".

My poor Daughter has been through hell for the last couple of days (odd thing to be happy about I know...)

50+ hours of labour and 1 c- section later.....I am a Grandad as my Granddaughter finally arrives.

50!! Unbelievable toughness from her.

Back