• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

The noticeable effects of lag vary depending on the exact cause, but also on any and all techniques for lag compensation that the game may implement (described below). As all clients experience some amount of delay, implementing these methods to minimize the effect on players is important for smooth gameplay. Lag causes numerous problems for issues such as accurate rendering of the game state and hit detection. In many games, lag is often frowned upon because it disrupts normal gameplay. The severity of lag depends on the type of game and its inherent tolerance for lag. Some games with a slower pace can tolerate significant delays without any need to compensate at all, whereas others with a faster pace are considerably more sensitive and requires extensive use of compensation to be playable (most prevalent is probably the first-person shooter genre). Due to the various problems lag can cause, many players that have a lower speed Internet connection are often not permitted, or discouraged from playing with other players or servers that have a distant server host or have high latency to one another. Extreme cases of lag may result in extensive desynchronization of the game state.

[–]CoreyCCoreyFC {Reddit 360 NAE 2} 3 points4 points5 points 18 days ago

"I fire first, kill cam shows I never fired, I run safely to hide behind a wall, kill cam shows that I'm still 5 feet away and nowhere near safety.

All of these are problems that people who don't host have always had."

Etc Etc...

Last edited:
Cheers for that mate - very interesting and explains a hell of a lot.

To be honest, I'd rather just leave it well alone until the useless tossers have fixed it. I think doing that is cheating so I'd rather not play.

I was on again last night - its horrendous. Got angry after a few games and quit.

Pleased I didn't trade in Black Ops!

Want to know my gaming low-down?

I got Black Ops at midnight release, played it for a whole year, got MW3 at midnight release, and here I am, lol, I can't find time for any other game...

I'm trying to wean myself off MW3 as it's utterly atrocious and a paradise for cheats at the moment.

If they fix quick scoping, lag, abysmal spawn points, those dreadful akimbo machine guns that have mega range/accuracy/penetration, sort out the leader boards so it shows captures/defends and fix Elite, it will be a very decent game.

But there is SO much wrong with it that I don't want to waste any more of my time on it until they patch the bloody thing.

Sorry to dissapoint you further but they have already nerfed the dual FMG9's...

...I know - hardly any difference right! And I'm even more of a sucker for playing daily.

Oh well, I enjoy it, Most the times. I'm in a clan.

Them's the chaps. They're a secondary weapon, FFS! They're as bad as the dual shotguns from MW2. And becoming more and more popular.

Akimbo weapons are shite anyway as you don't have to aim the bloody things.

Toon - you should buy this game. Not that you'll enjoy it, but I miss your swearing. You'd use language that would make Roy Chubby Brown blush if you played it in its current state.

[Apparently] They nerfed 3 weapons, last week I think it was.

FMG9's the overpowerd secondary
Type95 the ridiculous 3-burst
CM901 that adding an attatchent randomly increased it's fire-rate

I'm sure I heard Toon swearing at an Ice Wraith near Winterhold last night.....

That's what I'm about to do. Unlocked that quest but held off trying to find it and explored some caves instead.

So I wasn't too far wrong with hackers then.

That wasn't me! On Skyrim I'm a happy, contented (despite the marriage) man, just doing my thing! Only problem I have is that I have triggered so many quests, especially the Miscellaneous ones, I just don't know which ones to do! I've done one of the 'Voice' quests for the Greybeards, but I want to steer clear of them for now. I've just done the one in Dawnstar where you can acquite Erandur as a follower. He seems like a good follower to have and that's another problem- which follower is best? At the moment I have Lydia, but there's also Erandur and Golldir whose quests I have done and have said they would follow me. Who to choose?

I'm told J'zargo and Benor are good but I haven't come across them yet!

I'll stick with Lydia for the moment - I've given her some top armour and an enchanted glass fire axe - seems to be working quite well !!

(I have 67 quests outstanding.....)

Got Saints Row for £20 in Gamestation.

I'm told J'zargo and Benor are good but I haven't come across them yet!

I'll stick with Lydia for the moment - I've given her some top armour and an enchanted glass fire axe - seems to be working quite well !!

(I have 67 quests outstanding.....)

Well, I've gone and got Lydia killed in the Forsaken Cave by some badass Draegr who used a shout to knock my weapons out of my hand! On my 3rd try at defeating him and his horde of Restless Draegrs I managed to find a little spot where I was out of their reach and just used Lightning and Flames to kill him, along with a Staff of Fireballs (until he knocked it out of my hand that is!). Used shit loads of Magicka Potions to keep on top of the fight (he did slip away and regenerate a little I think, so I didn't want to keep waiting for my Magic to regenerate!), but I managed it without losing much health at all! So now I've gone back and picked up Erandur to be my follower.

67 quests! That's brilliant! Apparently the randomly generated 'Radiant' quests are pretty much infinite so as long as you don't finish the main quest line you could literally play this game for ever with new things to do!

Well, I've gone and got Lydia killed in the Forsaken Cave by some badass Draegr who used a shout to knock my weapons out of my hand!
14061_0.jpg

I'm "Kasari" on Kinrath Spider for those of you getting SWTOR.

I finished the storyline to Arkham City last night and it wasn't what I expected at all. The game is fucking awesome, and I still have a couple of side missions to do and a hell of a lot of Riddler trophies and riddles to find, and what's made all of that better is the amount of gang members roaming the streets since I took out The Joker. This is the only game I've ever played that gets better when you've finished it. I'll have to get the Catwoman content downloaded too, I could carry on playing this game until next Christmas. 11/10.

Quick oblivion related query - I have been playing thison the PS3 for the last 10 weeks and am now level 21 and am nearly all the way through the fighters guild quests. I have however become vampiric (didnt notice contracted disease and then went to sleep - don't ask). I am unsure as to if I should complete the vampire cure quest for count Hassildor and return to my non-vampire, bad ass orc state or remain as a vampire. How much of a hinderance / advantage is vampiriness? What is the best way to play it - feed daily and stay relatively normal or take the max attributes but be shunned by everyone?

I know everyone is all skyrim'd up but I only got oblivion a while back and want to complete this before I devote the next twenty years of my life to skyrim.

Thanks in advance for the advice

Back