• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Quick oblivion related query - I have been playing thison the PS3 for the last 10 weeks and am now level 21 and am nearly all the way through the fighters guild quests. I have however become vampiric (didnt notice contracted disease and then went to sleep - don't ask). I am unsure as to if I should complete the vampire cure quest for count Hassildor and return to my non-vampire, bad ass orc state or remain as a vampire. How much of a hinderance / advantage is vampiriness? What is the best way to play it - feed daily and stay relatively normal or take the max attributes but be shunned by everyone?

I know everyone is all skyrim'd up but I only got oblivion a while back and want to complete this before I devote the next twenty years of my life to skyrim.

Thanks in advance for the advice

I think it's all down to personal taste. I hated being a vampire and everything it entailed. In fact it stopped me enjoying the game so much so that I loaded a previous save from a few hours back to ensure I was OK.
Most of my gaming mates think the same way.

Enjoy Oblivion - it is still a fantastic game.

Cheers - I am going to do the quest for Count Hassildor I think and suck it and see with the vampire nature while I do that. That way I will have the potions to make me normal if I find it ruins my game style.

It is a fantastic game, although the missus refers to it as geekworld, and while I was cycling to work the other day I saw a plant in someones window and my first thought was nirnroot, cool. Then I remembered I was in the real world and became a bit worried about myself for a couple of hours!

Next Sunday can't come quick enough - new xbox, kinect, skyrim, FIFA 12, kinect sports, Lego boy wizard 2. All is well with the world. Just hope GTA 5 is out in time for my birthday now!

Get yourself on xbox live pad and I'll give you a thrashing!

Harry Potter Lego Years 5-7 ordered as a Chrimbo present! Awesome.

Should hopefully be getting online at some point tonight.

What are your gamer tags?

tallulie

Add me if anyone has MW3 :)

Don't know whether phone apps count as part of this thread (yes, I would know if I could be bothered to read 43 pages) - if so, Word Welder is an absolute must for anyone who likes challenging word games - 11 levels, each subtlely harder than the last - some strategic thinking required too - really addictive.

Got in a river by Dragonsreach earlier, swam all the way down to the sea, been fighting some Walrus looking things, pretty easy way to get your archery up to honest because they're slow as a boat. Have been mauled by some of the better predators though.

I would say to everyone who is playing Skyrim that the more you play the better the game gets. I've played a lot since I had 3 days of no work last week and a weekend of being completely skint so enforced staying at home, and the more I've played the more I've enjoyed it. There are still loads of places I haven't even been anywhere near yet, but I have started the Companions, College of Winterhold and Thieves Guild quest lines, I've travelled to Windhelm, but I didn't want to start the Stormcloak quests so have avoided talking to Ulfric Strormcloak. I want to avoid taking sides in the Imperial v Stormcloak war as long as I can! My Archery and Sneak skills have become ridiculously good, so I am now trying to increase all my magic skills.

Up until 2 weeks ago Mass Effect 2 was the best game I'd ever played, this beats it easily. It is just so vast to do it justice will take months of playing.

Every time you post about it I start wishing the count down to Christmas would speed up.

I would say to everyone who is playing Skyrim that the more you play the better the game gets. I've played a lot since I had 3 days of no work last week and a weekend of being completely skint so enforced staying at home, and the more I've played the more I've enjoyed it. There are still loads of places I haven't even been anywhere near yet, but I have started the Companions, College of Winterhold and Thieves Guild quest lines, I've travelled to Windhelm, but I didn't want to start the Stormcloak quests so have avoided talking to Ulfric Strormcloak. I want to avoid taking sides in the Imperial v Stormcloak war as long as I can! My Archery and Sneak skills have become ridiculously good, so I am now trying to increase all my magic skills.

Up until 2 weeks ago Mass Effect 2 was the best game I'd ever played, this beats it easily. It is just so vast to do it justice will take months of playing.

It will be interesting to see what the DLC will be like in the New Year. Bethesda have hinted at something very big and quite special.
I guess we may be playing this for at least another 12 months.

Gave in to peer pressure last night and had an excellent MW3 session. It turns out that by increasing the sensitivity sorts out a LOT of problems! Still loads wrong with it mind, but when 2 of your mates are running around with riot shields soaking up their bullets, it helps your kill count no end!!

But I must get back to Skyrim. I see Toon going through the levels like a bat out of hell and don't want to be left behind that much!!!

Gave in to peer pressure last night and had an excellent MW3 session. It turns out that by increasing the sensitivity sorts out a LOT of problems! Still loads wrong with it mind, but when 2 of your mates are running around with riot shields soaking up their bullets, it helps your kill count no end!!

But I must get back to Skyrim. I see Toon going through the levels like a bat out of hell and don't want to be left behind that much!!!

I understand the desire for a bit of social gaming, LW. But really, you have to be more strong-willed and say "I shall not give into temptation"! MW3 may be great fun, but you are depriving yourself of experiencing fully the best game you'll have ever played.

Yeah, standard sensitivity is 2 - it's like slow-mo trying to do a 180.

Nooooooo, dead.

But it's not like I'm not going to play Skyrim though. Don't forget that the best time to play MW3 is this time of year when Junior is off school, and mummy and daddy buy the game for his 9 year old brother for Christmas.

SLAY THEM ALL. MWAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Anyway, the further you venture, the more tips you can give me.....

Oh and to all the above people going on about Skyrim, stop it!!

I haven't got enough time for TWO games that you really need to put the hours into :(.

Back