• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The "What Could Have Beens"...

Former players are a different bag. Paul Cook always got a good reception down here (as befits one of the most overrated Wolves players of the last 30 years...). Backfired a bit once though when he was on the bench for Tranmere, Graham Branch came on with a similar mop of black curly hair and he got clapped on by the South Bank. Good work lads.

Could be worse. They sang the Ivan Cavaleiro song for Bright Enobakhare and Alfred N'Daiye when they came on against Barnsley. Then deathly silence when Cav did eventually get subbed on.

As a reverse to the four sides applause, I remember Leon coming on for Wednesday against us and all four sides of Hillsborough booed the decision with gusto.

As a reverse to the four sides applause, I remember Leon coming on for Wednesday against us and all four sides of Hillsborough booed the decision with gusto.

:icon_lol:

How is he doing actually, I've not heard much lately (other than in the loan watch thread of course). But interesting to hear fans views. I'd have had him ahead of Bennett (not that Bennett has done badly for us when he's played) at right centre back before the start of this season. I'm not sure I would have him at right wing back really.

How is he doing actually, I've not heard much lately (other than in the loan watch thread of course). But interesting to hear fans views. I'd have had him ahead of Bennett (not that Bennett has done badly for us when he's played) at right centre back before the start of this season. I'm not sure I would have him at right wing back really.

Don't think that he has got on for them that much - so nothing to go on really

Started in the team and seemed to do ok but lately they've preferred Jordan Spence who is fucking shit.

David Johnson got clapped off by all four sides at Molineux on his Ipswich debut. We decided signing Mixu Paatelainen that summer was a better idea.

Also Jay-Jay Okocha and Teddy Sheringham down here when they played for Hull/Colchester.

I remember that game, he was unplayable that day. We should have signed Johnson - I think he'd have come to us

Former players are a different bag. Paul Cook always got a good reception down here (as befits one of the most overrated Wolves players of the last 30 years...). Backfired a bit once though when he was on the bench for Tranmere, Graham Branch came on with a similar mop of black curly hair and he got clapped on by the South Bank. Good work lads.

Haha, i said "that aye cooky" as everyone around me was hesitantly applauding

Could be worse. They sang the Ivan Cavaleiro song for Bright Enobakhare and Alfred N'Daiye when they came on against Barnsley. Then deathly silence when Cav did eventually get subbed on.

This does go someway to explaining why certain fans rate players differently. They've got no clue who they're looking at!

Three to ponder:

* Sir Jack hadn't been outbid by the Bhattis in 1982.
* Barnwell had been able to sign a midfield of Platini and Peter Reid
* John Ireland hadn't panicked in 1964

Three to ponder:

* Sir Jack hadn't been outbid by the Bhattis in 1982.
* Barnwell had been able to sign a midfield of Platini and Peter Reid
* John Ireland hadn't panicked in 1964

McGinley gets sent off

I'm in a great mood as we've entered November back on top of the league. Why are you making me angry???

Jermaine Wright
Jason Roberts - fuck me I'd forgotten about him. Criminal waste of his talent by us. We spent £250,000 on him when that wasn't an insignificant about of money and never played him
Mark Burke

Jordan Graham?

Nah, was never, ever, ever going to be the answer. Even if we'd played to his strengths, which we didn't.

David Connelly - may have just been me but I thought he was a very skillful forward but just couldn't score goals regularly (iirc he bagged 5 in one game though?)