• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The worst game you ever watched.

FrankMunro-371

Reaction score
Some are saying that yesterdays game between Ireland and England was the worst they have seen. I am sure there have worse than that.

I can recall a game between Hartlepool and Wolves back in the dark days. 0-0, and to be honest both sides were lucky to get nil.!

Just has to be Wolves v Stoke in the Prem a few years back. Unforgettably forgettable!!

The cup replay v Blues wasn't much better.

Just has to be Wolves v Stoke in the Prem a few years back. Unforgettably forgettable!!

The cup replay v Blues wasn't much better.

Yes I had forgotten the Blues game, though in my defence it was very easy to forget...

There were plenty of home draws under Hoddle that I'd rather not remember ever again.

Oh and Fulham v Sheff Utd in the FA Cup last season. As fun as putting drill bits into your eyeballs.

Gillingham 1 Wolves 0. The end of the Jones era.

Nothing will EVER come close to matching that bag of wank excuse for a game of football

Quite a few candidates. Agree with the mentions above so I won't repeat them.

Wolves:

Wolves 0-0 Watford, I think Colin Lee was their manager, right around New Year's Day, freezing, virtually no shots.
Gillingham 1-0 Wolves, not the one Kenny went to, one we lost under Lee when they first came up to the Championship. Fucking rubbish.
Double header under Hoddle, QPR 0-0 Wolves and Wolves 0-0 Stoke. Two games in four days, we had three shots on target across them. And two came in the same attack.
Wolves 2-1 Bristol City under Saunders, seriously, if ever there was a game where both teams deserved to lose, that was it.

Non-Wolves:

Marseille vs Red Star Belgrade in the European Cup final, 1991
Switzerland vs Ukraine, 2006 World Cup
England vs Algeria, 2010 World Cup

Switzerland vs Ukraine, 2006 World Cup
England vs Algeria, 2010 World Cup

Both very good shouts. IIRC the Switzerland/Ukraine game was so bad and devoid of chances that even the first few penalties in the subsequent shootout missed the target.

Gillingham 1 Wolves 0. The end of the Jones era.

Nothing will EVER come close to matching that bag of wank excuse for a game of football
This. I remember walking into the pub near the ground afterwards, seeing Stoo and basically saying 'let's not talk about it'.

Dan, the QPR game, was that the one we got to late? After meeting Dave in the pub beforehand?

The two games over the Christmas period against the leagues whipping boys (Peterborough and Ipswich i think) under Solbakken take some beating.

0-0 away at Oxford. The bright pink shorts matched to the fetching blue Wolves away top is the only thing that I can remember about the game.

West Germany v Austria in the 1982 world cup. A shocking game, and one where it might be said that both teams were happy with 1 goal German victory, as it allowed Austria to qualify at Algeria's expense.

For me nothing was as bad as those two cup games against blues in 2012 at the of MM era miserable stuff with a miserable result to match.

Was just about to suggest that frank!
Remember being very very confused as a child. And annoyed, as I had a world cup book.

For me nothing was as bad as those two cup games against blues in 2012 at the of MM era miserable stuff with a miserable result to match.

and ITV showed both!!

First one was on ESPN I think...

For the replay Chiles (ever the professional) was incredulous that rather than making unfunny quips, Roy Keane had actually done some preparation and watched the first game.

Back