• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The worst game you ever watched.

Tranmere 1-1 Wolves last season. Shocking game.

QPR 0-0 wolves . Under Mick, only moment was Stephen Elliot's open goal miss.

Algeria - England World Cup game is definitely up there too!

Easy for me, as Frank put it back in the dark days and this was literally in the dark (well fog)

Wolves 1 - Stockport 1, stood on the south bank and couldnt see a bastard thing past the nearest penalty area.

The 0-0 against Watford that Dan mentions.

I also went to Wembley for the rous cup game against (I think*) Chile with about 16000 in the ground. That was dire.

*might have been Colombia actually. Told you it was memorable.

A truly dire 0-0 away at the Britannia the year stoke went up was a pleasure DW and I got to share.

Sheff Utd at home on New Year's Day 2008 was pretty depressing also.

Away at Watford close to last game of the season under hoddle. We needed to win to stay in the playoff hunt. We were shite and frankowski missed an absolute sitter as we left saying 'maybe next season' just for a fucking change.

Sheff Utd at home on New Year's Day 2008 was pretty depressing also.

Oh God, I was at that game as well. I think I'd repressed the memory but it's all flooding back now.

Gary Speed was making his debut for Sheffield United in the most cynical, depressing, joyless 4-5-1 formation you've ever seen. The only time I've ever seen people sitting down in the South Bank, it was that bad.

I remember the qpr Stephen Elliott miss 0-0. When the best part of the day is the fucking springbok then the game can be confirmed as shite.

Oh God, I was at that game as well. I think I'd repressed the memory but it's all flooding back now.

Gary Speed was making his debut for Sheffield United in the most cynical, depressing, joyless 4-5-1 formation you've ever seen. The only time I've ever seen people sitting down in the South Bank, it was that bad.

All of that with a banging hangover as well, it was MM 2nd season in charge where we played some painful stuff.

Pretty sure there were no buses so I walked in from Codsall for that joy as well.

Easy for me, as Frank put it back in the dark days and this was literally in the dark (well fog)

Wolves 1 - Stockport 1, stood on the south bank and couldnt see a bastard thing past the nearest penalty area.

Thank goodness for the fog. It spared us from a lot of torment...

A truly dire 0-0 away at the Britannia the year stoke went up was a pleasure DW and I got to share.

90 minutes of Stoke playing for throw ins and Freddy Eastwood caning 35 yard shots at nonplussed defenders' shins. Risible stuff.

Freddy Eastwood. Fucking hell. Id forgotten about him.

I suspect theres still about half the southbank that think he was awesome.

My first game.

I remember the qpr Stephen Elliott miss 0-0. When the best part of the day is the fucking springbok then the game can be confirmed as shite.
You got a chant going.....

And drinking pipe cleaner flavoured Guinness was indeed the best part of the day.

Portsmouth away. Last game for Graham Turner or he'd just resigned - it was one of my first away games, Lost 3-0.

Away at Coventry under Hoddle, the most abject performance you will ever see, Colin Cameron came on as a sub and was the only one to show any sort of desire or ability. I refused to go again until Goddle left.

There's a difference between Wolves playing diabolically and Wolves being involved in a diabolical match, surely. Any of the 0-0s mentioned were objectively awful on every count, we somehow won the game vs Bristol City that I mentioned but as an exhibition of football the skill level was abysmally low on both sides, us getting battered or not turning up is another thing entirely.

Easy. Versus Millwall at home when Solbakken was in charge.

Superb shout on Red Star v Marseille BTW

Worst European Cup final ever. Truly appalling.

Another classic to add. Dull game, and also horrendously dirty and cynical. I give you:

Scotland v Uruguay Mexico 1986. Just a ghastly game.

Numerous Hoddle matches, but the one that sticks in my mind is Rotherham at home. Can't remember the score or anything else as I was so bored

Back