• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tomorrow's fans parliament

YoungWolf

World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Yo
Reaction score
There will be a live blog for the first part, where fans can post questions into (why didn't we sign Robbie Keane last week, for example..) where Jez and KJ will be answering questions. Have we ever had the manager attend one of these? Might be quite interesting.

On topic, has anyone seen the open letter MolMix have prepared for the fans parliament? Cringeworthy stuff.

No. but I bet it is glorious :icon_lol:

I'm not sure I want to. Open letters are awful things by definition, let alone when they're crafted by people with the perspective of Cyclops and the memory of goldfish.

On topic, has anyone seen the open letter MolMix have prepared for the fans parliament? Cringeworthy stuff.

It seems to be based on the premise that a/ Morgan should be bankrolling the club and b/ There is no plan.

Sorry, but neither of these are true. There is (and should not be) any requirement for an owner to throw all their money into the club - in my opinion this is what is fundamentally wrong with football and which makes football clubs vulnerable and in hoc to the whims of a small number of people. I have no desire for Wolves to be reliant on one man.

And there is a plan, it might not be the right plan or it might not be a plan for short term success but from the day Morgan took the reins he was absolutely clear on how he saw his ownership - making the club self sufficient and investing in the Academy. There is no point investing in the Academy if you then don't provide a means by which that investment can make its way to the first team.

Maybe I am in a minority who appreciates the over arching strategy while not necessarily agreeing with every decision underneath that.

Just had a read, it's like something I would have written as a 12 year old.

Steve Morgan was quite clear in 2007, £30m of his money was going into the club and beyond that we would have to be self-sufficient where practical. That stance has never changed so what these people are expecting, I don't know. Apart from him leaving tomorrow and letting one of the billionaires who operate out of Waterloo Road have a go.

I particularly like the 'Addendum' which is basically a load of posts wittering on about how old they are/how long they've had a season ticket and how they're not going to renew next season.

I had to look, didn't I. My word.

I mean the main text is largely a load of drivel that's easily parried away, but the Addendum (sic)? If these are men in their 50s then I fucking pity them. If I end up like that in 20 years then any of you have my permission to chuck me out of a fucking window, pathetic.

It seems to be based on the premise that a/ Morgan should be bankrolling the club and b/ There is no plan.

Sorry, but neither of these are true. There is (and should not be) any requirement for an owner to throw all their money into the club - in my opinion this is what is fundamentally wrong with football and which makes football clubs vulnerable and in hoc to the whims of a small number of people. I have no desire for Wolves to be reliant on one man.

And there is a plan, it might not be the right plan or it might not be a plan for short term success but from the day Morgan took the reins he was absolutely clear on how he saw his ownership - making the club self sufficient and investing in the Academy. There is no point investing in the Academy if you then don't provide a means by which that investment can make its way to the first team.

Maybe I am in a minority who appreciates the over arching strategy while not necessarily agreeing with every decision underneath that.

If you are in a minority, then there's at least two of us......but be careful, football fan talking common sense, you might get castigated for that.

Have these fans forgotten the trash Mick left us with and the absolute cuntwaffle Solbakken brought (Sako aside)

If you are in a minority, then there's at least two of us......but be careful, football fan talking common sense, you might get castigated for that.

Make that three. Good post, TSB.

I've always mainly gone to the football for a good day out and to enjoy watching my team.

How much we spend, what division we're in is secondary to me, I've got more important things to think about than whether Morgan should be investing more of his own hard earned cash into the club.

I wouldn't if I was him, what does it guarantee?

It is tomorrow BTW. I have had an invite from the club so I will try and get there if I can. Kenny has attended FP before, as have Steve Morgan and Kevin Thelwell in my time

Count me in as a fourth

Have these fans forgotten the trash Mick left us with and the absolute $#@!waffle Solbakken brought (Sako aside)
Fair enough but do remember what mick started with and got promotion. He weren't perfect but I loved him in hindsight should of let him finish season but hindsight is not available at the time.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Fair enough but do remember what mick started with and got promotion. He weren't perfect but I loved him in hindsight should of let him finish season but hindsight is not available at the time.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I am doing Mick a bit of disrespect I suppose, he wasn't to know that the people he valued so highly turned out to be cuntish mercenaries.

Back