• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome back Benik Afobe

Spiers reckons it's a loan fee of £1m, and we pay his wages in full. Option to buy.

I imagine Afobe has dug his heels in and Bournemouth have decided they’d want something rather than nothing.

I really didn't think this was going to happen, and I maintain that its not a signing we NEEDED to make, but its another option and I hope he makes the most of this opportunity.

Welcome back, Benik.

Welcome back Benik! If we create chances for him, he will score them. It's up to him to prove he can be a part of our plans going forward!

Love Timmys latest tweet. Deal was dead but Bournemouth called us at 10.30 to say they would accept the terms we offered. Jeff Shi wins again.

Takes the pressure off Bonatini a bit which can only be a good thing. Read on Twitter from someone with a blue tick that Nuno really wanted him which is probably why we paid the fee.

Welcome back Benik.

We didn't need to do it. But we could, so we have, and it appears we got the deal on our terms.

It's up to Benik really - prove that his attitude is spot on, that his all round game is good enough to fit in this system and that he's got enough about him to make it worth signing him permanently. Fail on any of those fronts and he won't be here after May.

We didn't need to do it. But we could, so we have, and it appears we got the deal on our terms.

It's up to Benik really - prove that his attitude is spot on, that his all round game is good enough to fit in this system and that he's got enough about him to make it worth signing him permanently. Fail on any of those fronts and he won't be here after May.

Its not a dissimilar situation to Marlon Harewood in 2008/09. Let's hope Benik makes a better go of it than he did.

So if he was plays in next 17 games, does he get a medal? Qualification is 10 isn’t it?

Its not a dissimilar situation to Marlon Harewood in 2008/09. Let's hope Benik makes a better go of it than he did.
Just needs to show more than 0.01% of effort then

As said on transfer thread - Over the moon personally because I loved him for us and I think he will be a real dynamic alternative that limits the ability of teams to "be more prepared" for their second fixture against us

(As we now have 3 different strikers with a wide variety of individual attributes that are trained for the role of striker and allows us to develop a supreme tactical flexibility in our play that we only slightly had before)

Welcome back Benik. Could prove useful over the next few months as a different option if we are struggling to break a team down. Sure he will get a few goals while he's here. Don't need to see any badge kissing though

Come on benik prove yourself again. I remember thinking you had a massive future.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Thanks benik,makes me look a right dick on Facebook for saying he's not coming,hey ho,hopefully he won't be doing any of the badge kissing and saying he's wanted to be here all along

As I said earlier in the week, I'm ok with the deal as long as it's on our own terms. If he's going to be anything other than a chase the game/close it out sub though we are either going to have to alter our game or he's going to have to show something he didn't do previously.

Don't see the point. As long as he doesn't inhibit how we play and we have no obligation to buy it's an ok deal.

yep welcome back, I'm sure Thelwell will be happy on seeing him back.
Wasn't the area I thought we needed strengthening (rwb) but still.
The loaneee to be left out will be interesting, did want to see more of Vinagre this season if he does end up being the fallguy.

Gives us options and a proven goal scorer at this level. Welcome back Benik.

ehh.

seems odd. obviously hope he does well for us though.

Back