• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham 2-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Well that was the match that turned the fans. Plenty of dissent from the away end. It’s going to be a long (and expensive) month following Wolves in October.

Can we stop with the wank analogies please.

There will be dozens and dozens of managers either free, or cost a couple of million, that we could replace him with. It's not just Lage or Lopetegui.

It doesn't even matter who it is, you could pick pretty much any Championship or big 5 league manager and they'd do a better job. He's a coach, not tactician, and not a manager.

Well that was the match that turned the fans. Plenty of dissent from the away end. It’s going to be a long (and expensive) month following Wolves in October.
Fair play to you. Not sure I want to watch us at home again let alone away.

We've gotten 5 points from our last 6 games. The teams directly above us aren't doing much better PPG.
Have they played the likes of Bournemouth, Fulham and West Ham though? We’ve had a largely favourable set of fixtures and have still struggled but more importantly are getting worse by the game not better.

If Jeff somehow did wait until the World Cup, I don't think that's a cast iron guarantee that we'd go down. It's another 8 games from now , which isn't ideal. But let's say we'd be 6 points below 17th at that point, I'd still back any half decent manager to get this squad out of trouble with 22 games left to play.

We won't win another game under him. I'll be amazed if we even pick up any draws. We'd be rock bottom miles adrift.

Sack him, give Joao the caretaker role (await laughing emoji from Mark...) and wait until one of Rodgers or Lopetegui (or anyone better) becomes available.

I think we'd see an upturn purely because the players would be playing for someone they respected.

I'm not saying he'd be prime Pep. I just feel we'd see an improvement simply because he's respected as a player and a man. I don't think the players feel that way about Bruno, I know i wouldn’t.

It also means we can conduct a "proper" recruitment process during which some other applicants may become available.

Aye, just because he's old, here, and used to one of the best in the world, there's nothing to say he'd be a good manager. There are loads of options, of actual, experienced football managers

Like I said the CARETAKER role.

I am not sure who all these decent, currently available options are though?

Lage: On players not going across to fans after the game: They need to respect the fans, I’m sorry about the situation

The frustration comes out and it’s unfortunate, the fans are the soul of the club

Neither did you, you fucking fuckwit!

Like I said the CARETAKER role.

I am not sure who all these decent, currently available options are though?

Because he may be worse than Lage at picking football teams?

I'd genuinely rather have dyche or allardyce until the end of the season, at least we'd be guaranteed to stay up

Costa really made a difference and Campbell played well too but the whole thing is shambolic and again, nothing whatsoever to get excited about. The only bright spot is thinking that maybe this is the one that gets this arsehole gone. Totally unacceptable

Back