• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham 2-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

At least Costa looked half decent when he came on and can at least do the striker basics like movement, runs behind and attacking the right areas.

The rest of it can fuck off.

And don't bother wasting a post with the internet equivalent of "he's gorra gowww Franksy". It just won't happen yet. Even though it probably should.

Last edited:
It's not good is it, for some unknown reason we are persisting with a manager who's way out of his depth.

Time to go else we will be in real trouble.

At least Costa looked half decent when he came on and can at least do the striker basics like movement, runs behind and attacking the right areas.

The rest of it can fuck off.

And don't bother wasting a post with the internet equivalent of "he's gorra gowww Franksy". It just won't happen yet. Even though it probably should.
I think you're wrong.

The players don't want to play for him, the football is appalling, championship level, Dean Smith style shit.

Costa looks a good signing and with a proper manager he'll score goals.

We’re getting relegated if we don’t act very quickly. Best set of players we’ve had in my lifetime and they are being totally wasted by a charlatan - it’s not that he’s bad, he’s also incompetent, a lier and a coward.

If he stays until the WC pack your bags for trips to Swansea and QPR. We are bad and getting worse which given the players we have is bemusing. He should be gone by Monday afternoon.

Costa looked promising, but it’s likely Bruno will be playing him at full back or centre half next week, so we may never know.

We’re getting relegated if we don’t act very quickly. Best set of players we’ve had in my lifetime and they are being totally wasted by a charlatan - it’s not that he’s bad, he’s also incompetent, a lier and a coward.
This they need to act decisively and quickly to give any new manager a chance of salvaging this season as we are going to down if we leave this a few more games.

That should be that when you come with a very left field selection then it needs to pay off.
Still don’t know what we were trying there.
1 win in 17, 3 goals in 8 games. 3 consecutive blanks away from home no second half goal in 10 games not managed to retrieve a deficit since god knows when.
We’re in deep, deep shit when you never score then you’re in grave danger of relegation you can’t 0-0 your way to safety.
Absolutely no mitigation for this shambles, vastly under qualified and massively out of his depth.
Not his fault for the appointment that’s on the board it was blatantly obvious it would end badly.

He’s gone mate…..sooner the better, we need a change immediately.

No pattern, shape, passion or desire to try and score or get something out of that match

In all honesty West Ham were pretty shit but even with all that talent we are shitter.

Was actually quite surprised by Costa, was far more mobile and active than I was expecting. Campbell at least tried and didn't spend his time endlessly fucking around to produce nothing (unlike some)

I'm numb to Bruno at this point but what's really sad is he's managed to completely fuckup the dressing room and the player's attachment with the fans. That carried us a long way under Nuno, everyone was pulling in the same direction and the players and fans lifted each other. Going to take someone else a lot of work to get that back.

My dog spent 15 minutes of the first half barking at a mushroom growing in the corner of the garden. I wish I’d joined him as the mushroom was less predictable than our play first half.
Timid shite and I’m not going to praise the effort put in after we were two down as it’s the very least you should expect. Playing your best player out of position, 3 full backs and those 3 together up front is gifting the opposition 3 points. West Ham didn’t have to be any good as the points were presented to them on a plate.
Feck the clueless clown off.

There is a definite stink of relegation about us at the moment.

Was actually quite surprised by Costa, was far more mobile and active than I was expecting. Campbell at least tried and didn't spend his time endlessly fucking around to produce nothing (unlike some)

I'm numb to Bruno at this point but what's really sad is he's managed to completely fuckup the dressing room and the player's attachment with the fans. That carried us a long way under Nuno, everyone was pulling in the same direction and the players and fans lifted each other. Going to take someone else a lot of work to get that back.
Yep. Still have a picture of us celebrating with Nuno on the wall in my office. This cunt has fucked it all up.

Whoever on the match day thread saying it was pointless talking about relegation needs to pull their head out the sands. The longer he’s left with this side it becomes more terminal and harder to retrieve. It’s clearly a failed project

I've not said this before as everyone knows how I felt about his appointment so seemed pointless, but FFS sack him. We WILL go down with him as manager. Team selection was comical as trailed by the leaks. RANs chance on his correct foot 7 yards out from goal is the poster moment of Wolves under Lage.

It's not just him though, we have a recruitment team who have left a manager with 2 centre halves he thinks are worth playing, even if the other 3 fucked off because they think he's a prick. Sellars needs to go with a proper DoF coming in to replace him, with Shi just talking financially to Fosun.

Lage is a big issue, we can stay up by getting rid and making the right appointment, it won't fix the deep rooted issues though

How do you add to the verdict thread without repeating what was on the previous verdict thread and the one before that?

The issues we have are structural rather than individual. We are playing worse than the sum of our parts and that lays squarely on the coaches shoulders.

Traore looks disinterested, although I think this could do with coaching also; Pulis at Boro and Nuno simplified his game and got something out of him even if it was never consistently. The RAN none effort screams over coaching and if Traore is overloaded with information the result could be what we're seeing presently.

Forest is going to be toxic especially if they turn up. I just hope it's aimed at the bloke who deserves it.

If Jeff somehow did wait until the World Cup, I don't think that's a cast iron guarantee that we'd go down. It's another 8 games from now , which isn't ideal. But let's say we'd be 6 points below 17th at that point, I'd still back any half decent manager to get this squad out of trouble with 22 games left to play.

Back