• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham 2-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Well I don't know how much been discussed but the fans have definitely turned.

"You don't know what your doing" after he took off Nelson and Nunes. And also some ironic chants about how crap we are which is never a good sign. Atmosphere in away end was terrible from start but it's just a terrible stadium in general so hard to generate anyway

Atmosphere in away end was terrible from start but it's just a terrible stadium in general so hard to generate anyway
Agree, a shite ground. Think plenty of regulars shifted their tickets for this one. A few of my mates didn’t bother. Plus the train strike didn’t help matters.

Costa looked decent
Campbell looked bright
Neves as CB is a war crime
Bruno needs fucking off

RE: Neves, now he's suspended for the Chelsea game Lage has no choice but tto throw an unmotivated Toti or Mosquera into the deep end, unless he puts Jonny or Moutinho at CB

I'd wager it'll be Jonny. The result will be similar too.

I didn't get to watch the game properly yesterday, but the parts I did were embarrassing it goes without saying.

What I genuinely can't get my head around, and neither does thr match thread solve, just what formation were we playing? And did it change during the game? I'm still baffled.

What I genuinely can't get my head around, and neither does thr match thread solve, just what formation were we playing? And did it change during the game? I'm still baffled.
It was variously 3-4-3, 4-3-3 and 4-4-2.

Like the worst packet of Sports Mix you've ever tasted.

Last edited:
“Bad injury” for Pedro.

Any chance that could be about as accurate as when he said Sasa’s injury was nothing serious? 😭
Definitely a bad one, Neto couldn't walk, failed the first medical test and was almost in tears when he came back on the pitch.

Regardless of Bruno, the medical staff should lose their jobs for that (unless Bruno overulled them)

It was variously 3-4-3, 4-3-3 and 4-4-2.

Like the worst packed of Sports Mix you've ever tasted.
How you can switch between 3 and 4 and the back so frequently during a game is astonishing, it's no wonder the players looked so out of position consistently. Surprised we only lost by 2, even to a rubbish West Ham team display too

Surprised we only lost by 2, even to a rubbish West Ham team display too

This is possibly the most damning thing for me. West Ham didn't play well at all, and likely won't have an easier win all season.

You can accept a side being better than you, you accept a side get lucky sometimes when you've played really well. A side plays poorly, but still wins comfortably due to us being consistently rubbish is unacceptable.

Hate to think of the formation/personnel salad he's going to knock up for the Chelsea game with no Collins, Neves and probably Neto.

With any luck it's someone else's problem

Definitely a bad one, Neto couldn't walk, failed the first medical test and was almost in tears when he came back on the pitch.

Regardless of Bruno, the medical staff should lose their jobs for that (unless Bruno overulled them)
it seemed for previous seasons under Nuno we had the best medical team in the country. Now they are falling like 9 pins !!!

it seemed for previous seasons under Nuno we had the best medical team in the country. Now they are falling like 9 pins !!!
Elements of regressing to the mean in that. Fitness and conditioning was obviously very good because we didn't get pulls or strains, but so was our luck with impact injuries. We then saw in Nuno's final year the danger of a small squad which has been repeated by the 2 years following. Once the luck runs out It's flawed logic if the youngsters you have to back up the squad aren't good enough or aren't trusted which amounts to the same thing in practice.

I don’t think any of the injuries this season could be prevented.

Chiquinho ACL from a bad tackle.

Raul pulled his groin in the awkward challenge in pre season.

Sasa landed awkwardly and done his ACL

Hwang been injured on international duty.

Neto has done something to his foot/ankle in a tackle last night.

But you could blame them for the recurrence of injuries. Is Rauls a reoccurrence? Doesn’t seem to be any concrete info. The Semedo hamstring and Traore seems to be having repeat hamstring issues at the minute too. Plus this desire to get clearly injured players to run it off, and play with 10 men for ages while we treat them only to find out they are indeed fucked.

But this is not an injury crisis. It’s a handful of injuries which is part and parcel of the game. So shouldn’t be used as an excuse by the manager/management for what it happening on the pitch.

The way they played under Nuno made a difference too, frequently the least intense team in the league so massively reduces risk.

Who were the five that did acknowledge the fans at the end of the game. More to the point who were the ones who didn't?
Anyone know?

Neves, Moutinho, Campbell, Kilman and Podence.

Neto being on crutches kind of excused him from coming over and I'm wondering how Bruno will deal with this who followed his example and trudged down the tunnel without coming over?

Back