• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham 2-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

One hopes they are searching for a new manager now behind the scenes. No point in sacking him now until we have a replacement ready to come in. There is no one at the club that could take over other than that goalie coach (shudders).

Because he may be worse than Lage at picking football teams?

I'd genuinely rather have dyche or allardyce until the end of the season, at least we'd be guaranteed to stay up
How could he possibly be worse? There'd be respect instantly.

Surely you'd much rather sack Lage tonight, have Joao for 1 or 2 games and end up with Rodgers (or Lopetegui)

Than sack Lage tonight and appoint Dyche tomorrow!?

It’s been a long time since “you’re getting sacked in the morning” was sang towards our own manager.
When would have the last time been? Possibly as far back as Saunders?

Didn’t happen with Nuno (his worst form was absent fans), Lambert seemed to coast along without issue, Zenga? Although I think certain sections liked him for some weird reason, Jackett? Similar to Lambert and also had credit in the bank for L1 and a decent showing the following season

He was appointed on the basis of one good season. Having one good season at the biggest club in Portugal followed by a catastrophic one the next should absolutely get you nowhere the premier league and the 2 have zero correlation.
It was nieve appointment which carried far more risk factors than other candidates.

I'm not saying he'd be prime Pep. I just feel we'd see an improvement simply because he's respected as a player and a man. I don't think the players feel that way about Bruno, I know i wouldn’t.

It also means we can conduct a "proper" recruitment process during which some other applicants may become available.
If he has the required traits to lead and inspire why isn't it shining through when he's playing amongst them? How does moving him to the sidelines inflate those abilities? I just don't see it, he doesn't really come across as a leader to me despite being the predominant senior character in that squad. He's obviously talented and very experienced but he's not the focal point of anything from what I can see, he doesn't doesn't drive the team forward and I don't think he's ever really been that main man through his career?

He was appointed on the basis of one good season. Having one good season at the biggest club in Portugal followed by a catastrophic one the next should absolutely get you nowhere the premier league and the 2 have zero correlation.
It was nieve appointment which carried far more risk factors than other candidates.

Half a good season.

I wouldn't have him in charge of Walsall.

I'm not sure how many different ways I need to say it Mark.

I'm just saying he'd be a CARETAKER (in the same way as Rob Edwards, Bobby Downes and Peter Shirtliff were in the past) until a better option comes along in a week or two as I feel he'd simply raise the positivity of the squad in the immediate short term as many of them respect him, obviously.

I'm not suggesting we give him a 5 year contract, I'm just looking at it a bit more deeply than the thousands of people just saying "sack him".

“Bad injury” for Pedro.

Any chance that could be about as accurate as when he said Sasa’s injury was nothing serious? 😭

One hopes they are searching for a new manager now behind the scenes. No point in sacking him now until we have a replacement ready to come in. There is no one at the club that could take over other than that goalie coach (shudders).
A competent club would already have a list.

As for there being “no point”. That is total nonsense. He is actively a detriment. Getting rid of the cancer will naturally see an improvement.

I'm just saying he'd be a CARETAKER (in the same way as Rob Edwards, Bobby Downes and Peter Shirtliff were in the past) until a better option comes along in a week or two as I feel he'd simply raise the positivity of the squad in the immediate short term as many of them respect him, obviously.

I'm not suggesting we give him a 5 year contract, I'm just looking at it a bit more deeply than the thousands of people just saying "sack him".
Why would you not give it the U21 bloke who actually has some career in coaching

“Bad injury” for Pedro.

Any chance that could be about as accurate as when he said Sasa’s injury was nothing serious? 😭
Maybe not let him fucking try and "run it off" then Bruno like it's 1986.

(Obviously this is much as the fault of the medical team rather than Bruno I'm sure, but both Sasa and Neto carried on playing when fucked.)

Last edited:
“Bad injury” for Pedro.

Hwang and Podence last season got injured and he left them on. Then they were out for ages.

He's got all December to get over it.

2 games or 2 years, I don't see any merit in it. You say they'll respect him, so what? What use is that if his ideas are rubbish? Which judging by his old set piece routines, they will be.

What if it makes things worse? Imagine they all love Joao but think his ideas are garbage? Do they ignore him and ruin that relationship or go along with their mate regardless of how shit it makes everyone look?

If you're at a point of ditching Lage and using someone as a stopgap how about an actual coach from within the club, outside the first team if needs be, rather than just picking the old guy?

He took one step and said he couldn’t carry on. There’s no language barrier excuse or “was it a dead leg” like with Hwang. Utterly baffling they treated him for 3-4 minutes after he’d already been back on and said he can’t continue and sent him back out again!

Fuck that cunt, Roberts is as big a prick as Lage.

Back