• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-0 Swansea Verdict thread

Fer wasn't blatantly stopping the breakaway, if it was purely frustration then it would've been more wild.

Wasn't the ball dead when Beckham had his little kick?

The ball was dead but Beckham wasn't stopping a breakaway, Simeone had just barged him in the back and the ref had his back to the ball whilst walking away to call the players over. Beckham's was frustration and wasn't wild, why would Fer's have to be?

The ball was dead but Beckham wasn't stopping a breakaway, Simeone had just barged him in the back and the ref had his back to the ball whilst walking away to call the players over. Beckham's was frustration and wasn't wild, why would Fer's have to be?
I don't think it'd call Beckham's frustration either, it was just plain stupid, there was nothing be gained by doing what he did. Fer could at least point to stopping the breakaway to excuse his actions, Beckham wasn't, he wasn't going to deter Simeone from further antics with that little tap, what was he looking to gain?

I think that's where I'd see the difference as a referee, whilst they're both underhand and outside of the laws, at least Fer had a footballing incentive for his team in stopping the breakaway whereas Beckham was just being an idiot.

They’re both soft kicks aimed at players regardless of whether they were stopping any advantage or not. Neither of them had any intention of kicking anything other than a player.

True but there's intention of why they kicked the player, Fer has kicked him to stop him getting away, Beckham has kicked him because?

I can see merit in what Fer has done and there's minimal risk of injury to his opponent, Beckham's is just completely needless. Like the difference between cold blooded murder and killing someone through self defence.

Anyone who thinks it was anything other than an intentional swing of his boot to bring him down, needs to run to the bathroom and wash the poo out of their eyes. They were both running and Fer was behind him. He can't bring him down without swinging/kicking his foot forwards.

100% yellow all day long. Taylor just read the situation wrong. Which he really shouldn't be doing as he's experienced. If Swansea don't appeal and win it's a travesty. And Taylor shouldn't have any say on the matter. Any rule that he has to admit wrong-doing is just plain stupid and makes a nonsense of the idea and process.

DTBXx5tX4AA3pV0.jpg

Isn't it great having a back-up keeper of Norris' quality? I would have no qualms about putting him in the first team if Ruddy gets injured/banned/loses form.

Tbh I'd be pretty tempted to stick him in for the rest of the season, he's clearly got the higher ceiling, and the only way he'll get experience is by playing. Not to say that I don't think Ruddy has been excellent, obviously, a couple of dodgy claims when he's bored notwithstanding.

14 clean sheets from 26 games John, 5 conceded in the last 12 games, sorry mate, you're dropped.

Don't talk daft.

14 clean sheets from 26 games John, 5 conceded in the last 12 games, sorry mate, you're dropped.

Don't talk daft.

Agreed.

Similarly with the talk of dropping Bennett for Hause, Bennett who is yet to lose in a Wolves shirt yet.

"Sorry mate, you're dropped too."

Man management skills: 0

People seem to want to tinker with the team its borderring on the Kenny Jacket school of man management.

Agreed. The First XI picks itself these days, the only question being whether we start with Costa or Cavaleiro.

I'm not saying it would be easy (or indeed right) but there's merit to thinking about it. We're basically on an eight month long pre-season now, and I think - particularly in the Hause/Bennett case - we do have to have both eyes on who gives us best chance to compete in the PL

Hause played brilliantly vs Swansea and Nuno has dropped Bennett out if the blue before (inexplicably for Batth).

I'm not saying it would be easy (or indeed right) but there's merit to thinking about it. We're basically on an eight month long pre-season now, and I think - particularly in the Hause/Bennett case - we do have to have both eyes on who gives us best chance to compete in the PL

Ok, but neither Hause nor Norris are going to prove anything in the next 20 games either. We already know Hause is really good at this level. Norris will have nothing to do most of the time.

We don't have to take a flyer on players any more, if the manager and coaching staff think Ruddy/Norris/Hause/Bennett/whoever are good enough for the PL, they'll be retained. If not then we'll just sign someone better. This isn't like when we signed Berra nine years ago (where the fuck has that time gone), had to hope he'd fit in ok, the evidence was unconvincing at best and then we just had to play him anyway as we bought a right pup in Zubar. Different landscape entirely.

sorry if I missed it in the 4 page red card discussion, how did Rafa do?

Wednesday 17th replay confirmed, I think Swansea will rest more this time and I expect Mir to come in from the start. More than enough reason for me to plan a trip down to a pretty, shitty, City.....

Back