• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Arsenal: Verdict Thread

It’s not long ago we played Arsenal off the park under Nuno. We’ve gone so backwards it’s scarcely believable.
It's not that long since Leicester won the league either.
Could be worse.
Definitely need some additions but some good signs since O'Neil took over. Effort is always there and a good team spirit. Players seem to be buying in to the tactics and game plan. At least it looks like we know what we are trying to achieve. To me anyway.

I don't think Doc was fouled for their first goal, Jesus was just clever and stood his ground. I do think Tierney was conned by them (or biased) numerous times though. The worst probably when two of their players collided with each other in our box, we were on the break and he stopped play for no reason. There wasn't an offside.
Bunch of diving whingers.
Saka is a diving little shit, he's added that to his game. Not a good look.
But he did not, watch his left Arm just push him under the ball, it's a foul,.

It's not that long since Leicester won the league either.
Could be worse.
Definitely need some additions but some good signs since O'Neil took over. Effort is always their and a good team spirit. Players seem to be buying in to the tactics and game plan. At least it looks like we know what we are trying to achieve. To me anyway.

That was the positive for me. Clearly with half a tiny squad to start with missing we were unlikely to get much.

But tactically we were pretty good.

Lads played really well, did they proud. With our lack of bodies I was expecting a spanking but it wasn't and goals towards the end of each half did for us. Very impressed with Boubacar Traore tonight and the young lad Chirewa played well too. On to Bournemouth and Luton, hopefully some points from those

To be less snide but no less negative, I don't know how much of the performance can be chalked up to us being generally okay and how much was Arsenal having a hangover from the Champions' League.

Ran Running through gets a pull on the arm, loses the ball, they are on the attack, we should have had a wide Free Kick.

Numerous shit decisions
None of which cost us the game. They were just more clinical/lucky where it mattered

No complaints from me. Watched it in The Porterhouse in Covent Garden. Some Palace fans in there were supporting us too! If only that Gomes effort had gone in...

To be less snide but no less negative, I don't know how much of the performance can be chalked up to us being generally okay and how much was Arsenal having a hangover from the Champions' League.
I think with our best 11 we probably beat them today, they were there for the taking and low on confidence. All a bit pointless though.

It’s not long ago we played Arsenal off the park under Nuno. We’ve gone so backwards it’s scarcely believable.
To be fair they're one of the 3 best teams in the country and we were seriously understrength tonight. I was expecting far worse

Ah apologies. I was looking at the Wolves team what with me being a Wolves supporter and all.
You do realise Arsenal have spent over £700 million in the last 5 years?

That was the positive for me. Clearly with half a tiny squad to start with missing we were unlikely to get much.

But tactically we were pretty good.
Yep we were still in the game up to the last minute or two. Lads who started the game were well drilled, gave it everything and kept us in the game, the we threw on our 'possible' game winners in Rayan, Sarabia and Lemina, tweaked the formation, were on top possession wise and came close to getting something. Cant fault that.
Just lacking that cutting edge. Put that back 9 with peak Jota and Jimenez up top and we win the game. Probably so with Neto and Cunha.

Just got back zero complaints about the result.
Zero complaints about our performance, the effort and endeavour shown was top draw. Doyle or Boub MOTM for me battled hard and broke up play and tried to be positive.
6 injuries shouldn’t mean you’ve got to field a team with such littler experience and no attacking threat but that’s on the board.
Arsenal good without being spectacular, professional performance by them.
As for Sa and his suicide antics with his distribution needs to stop and has needed to a long time ago.
Santi looked very commanding tonight which brushed off on Max who had a pretty settled game.
Another shout out to Tawanda, really put himself about and didn’t go hiding when he made a mistake and clearly has a first touch for PL level, time will tell.

The players seemed to understand what was asked of them tactically, they worked really hard, and got the best of each other. Only complaint for me is bringing ran on but some reason parking really deep.

Word for the fans - sounded absolutely amazing

Back