• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Forest - Verdict Thread

Does anyone else think Ruddy could have done better with the first goal? The deflection happens quite far out and the ball wasn't travelling that fast. Ruddy set himself very early and couldn't react

Or am I being hyper critical?

He had no chance, it took more than one deflection.

On the replay I'm not convinced that lichaj didn't get a touch

26 points from the last 18 should be enough to see us home.

Yeah as I said I apologise for causing offence. Didnt mean it as it came out
Booing is disgusting for a tgeam thats top of the league, what we lost 1 league game in 15.
The booing was for the ref surely? I thought so anyway.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I thought it took a deflection from right behind it in the NB. Couldn’t work out who though
I did too, having watched it on TV since it's not clear.

I'm more upset about the obvious offside for their double deflected pea roller.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

There will always be a few that react adversely to any loss

Whatever - we have still won more games than anyone else & lost less and scored more & conceded less than anyone else. Over a full season that will do for first place.

Even if we have not been quite as clinical in the last few games then all teams will have a period like that & don't expect Nuno to allow them to think that it's job done so there will be a reaction. Those immediately below are fairly close together & there will be more pressure on them than on us as number of games left decreases.

Playing Wolves has become a “free hit” - Forest probably won’t play as well again all season. An exceptionally well organised Barnsley side last week were turned over at Villa.

Yesterday’s result was down to below par individual performances. Coady, Saiss, Doherty, Douglas, Cav, Costa and Bonatini didn’t perform. We might be able to carry a couple but no more.

When Mir came on we should have started crossing from deeper positions to give Forest some different challenges.

MGW showed he is ready.

Even going at the same rate of points collection over the last 5 games, when we have not been at our best, gets us to 91 points which will probably be enough anyway

Get back to nearer our best play & we will still blow this division away

When Mir came on we should have started crossing from deeper positions to give Forest some different challenges.

This is where a player like Graham becomes a useful option form the bench.

Well I thought the booing was at the ref to be honest.
At the end the Southbank were singing "we love you wanderers" too.

Anyone see any deflection at all on their freekick just before the 1st goal?...looked like it should have been a goalkick and Ruddy motions as if it is too.

Half seasoner's....I've 2 next to me, nice chaps but with no emotions whatsoever over any action on the pitch....goals,fouls,sendings off..... no response.....nothing but they do stay to the end.

Perhaps they are just casual observers?

I said it on the match thread no deflection for me

Well, aikiwolf picked the right one to miss.

Late feedback from me, as I was cleaning carpets yesterday...

Think we went from being the man city of the championship, to being the arsenal. Generally we had large portions of control, and looked pretty comfortable, without really creating anything. Tried passing our way all the way through, or lumpen crosses. Dominated the game up to the last 30 yards, then we had little clue how to break them down.

The booing was certainly aimed at the ref. He got a lot wrong.

We have become relatively easy to defend against at the moment.

Costa showed glimpses for me. What was frustrating is he beats his man, then stops, and puts his foot on the ball. This loses us momentum. I can appreciate that Bonatini struggles to keep up with him however...

We should have been running at their defence a lot more - after 30 mins they had 3 on yellow cards. I believed that there was little chance they would finish with a full side.

Doherty (as mentioned) had acres of space, but struggled to find a telling pass. Costa found the same, his crossing was poor tbh, yet he showed some amazing touches and control as well.
Boly was fucking immense. I think I may have been over critical of him in recent weeks, but he was outstanding for me.
MGW played well. For me, he's a better option than N'Daiye.

Ruddy had no option with the first - 3 deflections on its way in. The 2nd came about because we are reeling from the goal, and defensively made a few poor decisions, resulting in giving forest the ball in an advantageous position. They took advantage. It happens.

Up to 70 mins, I did think we could score. One thing this team gives you is belief. I still felt we were the better team.

As a complete aside, great to have a cadillacs reunion! And I genuinely laughed a hell of a lot pre-match. Everyone was in good spirits.
If that is the first game we've lost since 28/10, then there's no need to panic. However we don't appear to have that cutting edge anymore. We still look creative, but not clinical. Think it will take Mir time to bed in - he loked a bit too immobile for me, but he's been in the country under 3 weeks at the moment, so lets give him a fair crack.

Back