• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - 0 Derby: Verdict Thread

1 red card does not = a Cattermole #angel

Don't forgot even Mangel couldn't keep up with you... If Aldersley had video technology you wouldn't have played again after the first 12 months..

Don't forgot even Mangel couldn't keep up with you... If Aldersley had video technology you wouldn't have played again after the first 12 months..

Never did anything wrong (apart from slap that twat that dived after I won the ball fairly*)

*Took his legs and put his face in the astro..

Anyway, back to the verdict......

Can I say how refreshing I found it that Bent's dive disadvantaged his own side rather than us. Poetic justice indeed.

Watching those extended highlights... Did Kuszczack get a touch on that shot against the post? Looks like it from the corner angle.

Thoroughly delighted at the result, battled well, they had loads of shots from outside the box without really troubling the keeper, who I thought by the way was awful, he even mishandles the shot at the end when he could have just picked it up.

We need Ikeme back for the run in...

As an A side on a wolves facebook page I was accused of being an Albion fan, because I questioned Kuszack (sp).
Have to say, he needs replacing as a number2 on Friday's showing, but it's only the first time I have seen him, 9os he always as bad?

As for Batth, have to say we have had 3 reds this season that were poor, and 2 overturned, so getting away with one Friday was long overdue

Kuszczak did well enough the other night but he made me very anxious whenever the ball came near him, he stops shots well enough and pulls off some very good saves but anything put into the box scares me.

I don't so much have a problem with him off crosses, he doesn't catch many but so long as he is getting decent distance on his punches then it's not really an issue. Would rather a keeper be consistent anyway, either catch them all or punch them all.

My biggest issue with him is his starting position, he always seems to be at least five yards too far back when the ball's played through, it cost us a goal vs Watford and contributed to the Bent incident on Friday. A few other occasions as well where the ball got knocked over Batth's head, he turned and is used to having Ikeme quickly off his line and sweeping up, Kuszczak doesn't do that.

I don't so much have a problem with him off crosses, he doesn't catch many but so long as he is getting decent distance on his punches then it's not really an issue. Would rather a keeper be consistent anyway, either catch them all or punch them all.

My biggest issue with him is his starting position, he always seems to be at least five yards too far back when the ball's played through, it cost us a goal vs Watford and contributed to the Bent incident on Friday. A few other occasions as well where the ball got knocked over Batth's head, he turned and is used to having Ikeme quickly off his line and sweeping up, Kuszczak doesn't do that.

Agree with that.

Can I say how refreshing I found it that Bent's dive disadvantaged his own side rather than us. Poetic justice indeed.

+1

Glad someone else also thought that Bent 'dived'. I watched the game on Sky and recorded the whole game and although I only have the views they showed I am convinced Bent dived.
Danny Batth certainly had a slight touch on Bents arm but it didn't affect his balance as he took two more strides in the same direction. It was only when Bent saw the goalie was right there that he decided to go down, inside the box of course.

+1

Glad someone else also thought that Bent 'dived'. I watched the game on Sky and recorded the whole game and although I only have the views they showed I am convinced Bent dived.
Danny Batth certainly had a slight touch on Bents arm but it didn't affect his balance as he took two more strides in the same direction. It was only when Bent saw the goalie was right there that he decided to go down, inside the box of course.

Excellent description - Only thing is CHEATING is the in thing nowadays. The more blatant it is the more it riles people up

Thoroughly delighted at the result, battled well, they had loads of shots from outside the box without really troubling the keeper, who I thought by the way was awful, he even mishandles the shot at the end when he could have just picked it up.

We need Ikeme back for the run in...

As an A side on a wolves facebook page I was accused of being an Albion fan, because I questioned Kuszack (sp).
Have to say, he needs replacing as a number2 on Friday's showing, but it's only the first time I have seen him, 9os he always as bad?

As for Batth, have to say we have had 3 reds this season that were poor, and 2 overturned, so getting away with one Friday was long overdue

Bet that went down well..

Back