• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Fulham: Verdict Thread

Assume Fraser will get a bit of a run in the team, see how he progresses.

Enjoyable game that and a good performance despite losing a couple of players first half though I think Doyle for Bellegarde improved us massively anyway. Another sterling performance from Lemina (MOTM) and Gomes in midfield and goals from the WBs. Shame they pulled one back at the death so no clean sheet after 3 excellent saves by SA in the second half. Onto the FA Cup QF next week and hopefully a trip to Wembley

GO just described the Neto and JRB injuries as 'significant'

Unfair to criticise Fraser imo. Marked by two experienced CH's and little or no service. Have to give him some more game time before writing him off too soon.
Good performances particularly from Doyle, Kilman, Lemina and Gomes, Sa was m.o.m. for me.

It's not meant as a criticism of him - he just shouldn't be here, he should be on loan in League One. It's not his fault, but he's not a Premier League player at the moment

Spirit through adversity that one. Not great in the first half, lack of movement off the ball and with the changes struggled to get any fluidity. Should have been 2-0 down really, Muniz clean through middle of goal and didn't even get near hitting the target, and the one they put over the bar at the back stick looked harder to miss.

Different animal second half. Think we deserved it on effort alone but there was some cracking football too. Atmosphere definitely played a part in the opener - awful defending by Bassey who is shite. Then the better team after that and 2-0 killed it, they had a little rally towards the end but nothing to be too concerned about.

Loads of good performances but Lemina the pick for me today, such drive, energy and skill to match on top. I wouldn't be leaving Santi out of the team any more, looks a top player.

Fraser has a way to go but not at all overawed by two massive CHs and gave it absolutely everything.

Ref - shit, how did he not send off that filthy bastard Palhinha. Reed should have been booked ages before he remembered where his cards were too.

Get everyone we can back for Cov, get a win by any means and we've got a break then. We're a top half team with a manager who's getting better all the time.

It's not meant as a criticism of him - he just shouldn't be here, he should be on loan in League One. It's not his fault, but he's not a Premier League player at the moment
Dunno about that as yet.

Spirit through adversity that one. Not great in the first half, lack of movement off the ball and with the changes struggled to get any fluidity. Should have been 2-0 down really, Muniz clean through middle of goal and didn't even get near hitting the target, and the one they put over the bar at the back stick looked harder to miss.

Different animal second half. Think we deserved it on effort alone but there was some cracking football too. Atmosphere definitely played a part in the opener - awful defending by Bassey who is shite. Then the better team after that and 2-0 killed it, they had a little rally towards the end but nothing to be too concerned about.

Loads of good performances but Lemina the pick for me today, such drive, energy and skill to match on top. I wouldn't be leaving Santi out of the team any more, looks a top player.

Fraser has a way to go but not at all overawed by two massive CHs and gave it absolutely everything.

Ref - shit, how did he not send off that filthy bastard Palhinha. Reed should have been booked ages before he remembered where his cards were too.

Get everyone we can back for Cov, get a win by any means and we've got a break then. We're a top half team with a manager who's getting better all the time.
Very good point on Santi, thought he was great. Got forward really well too.

Good result, positive for me although slightly negative, there isn’t anyone gonna pay in excess of 60 million for someone who obviously has a problem with his hamstrings.

I think we were a little lucky to win today; could easily have been two down at HT. But that's Flum's problem, not ours. Pleased with the way we capitalised on the letoff and fully deserved the points in the second half. Great from RAN and Lemina (again); Sa >>>>>>> Leno. The injuries are a big worry, but we seem to have developed the very nice habit of finding a way to win even in adversity. At least no one will be buying Neto this summer.

If Neto doesn't leave this summer then someone else might have to, or our options for new players might be limited severely by finances.

Got lucky first half and made them pay second half. Gomes, Doyle, RAN, Semedo and Sarabia all excellent but Sa’s saves got us over the line and he was my MOTM.

I don’t think anyone is writing Fraser off but at the moment he’s nowhere near the level required. Get past Coventry next week and with a bit of luck Neto and Cunha will be available for the semi. Ridiculous starting Neto today, it was an accident waiting to happen. With Cunha and Hwang out we should have been wrapping in a huge amount of cotton wool not flogging him like that.

Fraser was perfectly fine and did a decent job moving the ball when it came to him, I thought. Never hid, worked hard; can’t really fault the lad today.

Dreadful decision to risk Neto look at the bigger picture for FFS, at least give him 2 weeks rest I’d be amazed if he’s back by the end of the season.

Back