• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-2 Spurs: EFL Cup 3rd Rd - Bah Lost on Penalties Verdict Thread

I don't know how anyone can watch that game and think Adama is even in the top 10 'things to take from it', performance or personnel-wise. If you think that, it's cos you're looking for it

The way people talk you'd think we had two or three other forwards on a hot streak waiting to take his place. When we do, happy for Adama to warm the bench
Was he great? no

is he everything that’s wrong with the team, absolutely not.

Just a simple point on Fabio.

I watched the U23 game online on Monday night. Chem Campbell (who's a few months younger than Fabio) had a good game. Had you told me afterwards that we'd spent £35m on CC I'd have thought you were mad. But I find spending £35m on CC far easier to believe than spending £35m on Fabio

The goal? Sorry, must’ve missed I mentioned he had an input in the goal, or that was all that happened in the 2nd half.

Whatever suits the agenda, Ey.
Honestly, your football knowledge is pretty piss poor if you believe Adama took players away for Hwang and Pod to play.

We were shite. I mean Nouble played.

2012 that one. EP is right though, we did beat Reading in 2019. That was the last one (Jordao scored through a complete howler by their keeper).

Honestly, your football knowledge is pretty piss poor if you believe Adama took players away for Hwang and Pod to play.
Honestly, he did at times.

Id say your knowledge is piss poor to feel the need with every comment where you disagree with someone to be as aggressive as you come across at times. Just have a conversation. Everyone has different opinions, some are right, some are very wrong.

I would question, if traore offer absolutely nothing which you seem to constantly alude to, or nothing of value, sorry, then why does he get chance, after chance, after chance continually by people who
I’d imagine know far more than football than either me or you?
Just a thought

Or shall I just bring up different points that you haven’t mentioned to suit my opinion? Seems acceptable

People are entitled to think we'd be a 'better team' without Adama (every week about half the people on here omit him from their lineups), but this view has virtually no game evidence to go on.

With actual managers like Nuno or Bruno in charge, rather than Internet know-it-alls, Adama almost always plays, fact

Honestly, he did at times.

Id say your knowledge is piss poor to feel the need with every comment where you disagree with someone to be as aggressive as you come across at times. Just have a conversation. Everyone has different opinions, some are right, some are very wrong.

I would question, if traore offer absolutely nothing which you seem to constantly alude to, or nothing of value, sorry, then why does he get chance, after chance, after chance continually by people who
I’d imagine know far more than football than either me or you?
Just a thought
Just a thought, but maybe saying people have agendas isn't the best way to start a conversation.

I have no idea why people keep picking him, I'm not the manager. If your argument rests on, why do people keep picking him, then you must have loved Holt, Sagbo, Helan, Camara, Eastwood, Hunt and a whole host of absolute dreck we've had over the years.

But in the spirit of conversation can you tell me what Adama has contributed this season?

What is it you like about him so much?

Why do you think 'he takes players away so others can play', and what do you think that means?

Always amuses me how people use the name-checking of 'obscure' and shit old players in lieu of an actual argument.

Comparing any of them with the clubs record PL assists holder is laughable.

Just a thought, but maybe saying people have agendas isn't the best way to start a conversation.

I have no idea why people keep picking him, I'm not the manager. If your argument rests on, why do people keep picking him, then you must have loved Holt, Sagbo, Helan, Camara, Eastwood, Hunt and a whole host of absolute dreck we've had over the years.

But in the spirit of conversation can you tell me what Adama has contributed this season?

Why do you think 'he takes players away so others can play', and what do you think that means?

While you're doing all the demanding and asking of questions (which you'll ignore if they get answered), here's one for you.

Who do you chuck Adama out of the team for?

Let's not forget before Raul's injury Traore was racking up assists for him, it actually became a national talking point it was happening so often at one point.

I don't think it's his fault players aren't anticipating what he's going to do, as Raul has shown that is possible. I think a top striker in form would love having Traore playing outside of them personally.

I don't know how anyone can watch that game and think Adama is even in the top 10 'things to take from it', performance or personnel-wise. If you think that, it's cos you're looking for it

The way people talk you'd think we had two or three other forwards on a hot streak waiting to take his place. When we do, happy for Adama to warm the bench
I agree with this.

And to mis-quote starship troopers "Adama is it until we find someone better"

For me his place is pretty safe until Pedro returns
or we move to a 352 with Podence/ Trincao as the 10.

I don't ever want to see Traore used as a wing back again. Makes my eyes bleed and my heart rate/ blood pressure increase.

or we move to a 352 with Podence/ Trincao as the 10.

I don't ever want to see Traore used as a wing back again. Makes my eyes bleed and my heart rate/ blood pressure increase.
Once had Raheem Sterling in his back pocket in the Man City away win. COUGH

I wouldn't view hitting the cross bar as awful.

Nowhere near as bad as Neves or Donks
Yes it is!
You'd expect a professional footballer to hit a barn door. I mean seriously!
This is their job I don't think they take it seriously at all.
I understand he's trying keep it high and hard but not hitting the target is shite. Neves should be fined! A couple of yards away from hitting that big target. Dendonler was just a shite pen, far too near the centre.
I've said this loads of times in the past but Hibbit used to put a little post in the ground 18" inside the post for 20 mins at the end of every training session. So if called upon in a match, he just slotted it inside the post. What is so fucking difficult?

It just seems to me that people seem to be fixated on the Adama ‘problem’ which would constitute an agenda, which is what it appears, whether I’m right or wrong only the people writing their post will know.

I don’t think many of those players you mentioned has exceptionally long careers with us, especially holt, but we will leave that as that’s not the main discussion.

to answer your points

this season, Adama’s end contribution, like the majority of our players has been bugger all, hence why we have won 1 in 5 in the league. He should’ve scored vs leicester being a glaring example, however the general consensus on the forum seems to be (untill Brentford atleast) that things were postive, we were creating chances, playing good football. Adama, starting each game must surely be part of that?

i like how direct he is. I like his pace and power and ability to beat a man. Equally, I hate his end product at times and decision making. I just don’t buy into the ‘hes useless, get rid’ if he had consistent end product, he wouldn’t be playing for wolves.

from what I’ve seen, teams double up on him. Doubling up will mean there is additional spaces on the pitch. Now, I’m not saying for a second that hwang and Podence wouldn’t be able to play without him, but by teams doubling up on Adama that will leave space elsewhere. Whether that frees up Podence, hwang, dendonker, semedo etc it just opens up other space. Good example is someone else said bringing on a traffic cone would have more impact than Silva last night.

the agenda part is traore has no where near been our worst player, or a problem IMO. I don’t see the same level of discontent aimed at, say Raul, trincao, semedo, Coady etc. Just feels traore, because he is more explosive and noticeable gets really flack

I will question why Adama didnt take a penalty and left it upto Coady and Dendonker to take one. A forward in that position should ALWAYS take one of the first five.

Back