• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 -3 QPR Verdict thread.

How far is Wallace from full fitness? Obviously unproven but I feel like we'd look a lot different with him instead of Edwards. Might not be good different but I'd like to see it...

He played for the U21s earlier this week and I think KJ said he's looking to play v Barnet, so doubt he'll feature at Cardiff.

Wolves culpable as a team for thinking they had the job done after 25 minutes.

Hause frequently all at sea again. for the second goal it deflected off him but Martinez should have saved it. Confidence shot all round. 3rd goal he should have saved imo. His distribution was more than often than not poor add well.

Never judge a match by stats, you can have 10 pea rollers at goal which the keeper falls on that make you look like your dominated the game or play like a solbakken side 60% possession and do fuck all with it.

One wonders what's going on with Iorfa and Hause at this juncture. Both seem to have been very shaky for four-ish consecutive matches now.

That is where our problem currently lies.

Hause was fine Sunday but pulled all over the place tonight. He's a kid, naive and it showed tonight. He is however a talent.

Iorfa. Well. He's not started great

What? Iorfa was Man of the Match on Sunday.

Some of the shit people come out with.

Stats aren't evidence. They can (and I'm not saying they are in this case as I wasn't there) be wholly misleading. 'Stats don't lie' is a phrase that makes me cringe TBH, up there with 'he's a good shot stopper', and the word 'discharge'.

Example - Martinez should be saving the last 2 QPR goals. Both shots on target, but they shouldn't have gone in. They don't necessarily tell you the story of the game, and on the basis of tonight, they don't tell you the story of the season so far, let alone tell you anything about the story of what is to come in the next FORTY THREE games. You're reading far too much into it. Getting the verdict for those who were there rather than looking at bloody match stats (or indeed following the game on Twitter as I did) will give us a much better view of the game and I look forward to reading them.

Nevertheless, it's a game that at 2-0 up, we should be coming away with 3 points from. The fact we haven't is hugely frustrating abd it means KJ and JG have some work to do because we've got to improve.

Ok I will take your point. However I and others are happier when we have possession that tuns into shots on goal and on target. QPR did that better than us tonight regardless of whether the keeper should have saved their last 2. I will be happy as long as its not repeated

Disappointing. Any surrender of a two-goal lead, at home, is a crime. Didn't go to the game, tonight, but from what I saw on Sunday, we don't look dangerous, up front, we lack width and the defence looks shaky. There's plenty time to sort this out, but tonight is a disappointing setback.

Never judge a match by stats, you can have 10 pea rollers at goal which the keeper falls on that make you look like your dominated the game or play like a solbakken side 60% possession and do $#@! all with it.

agreed but Martinez made three or four good saves tonight

Defensively speaking. IIRC almost all our goals conceded have been down to one of them in some way. Hause giving up a penalty on Sunday, Iorfa not marking close enough tonight, etc.

The fact that there is such passion on all three verdicts after 3 games shows that there must be areas to improve

We were quite average. We bossed it in the first 30 but that was more because QPR were truly terrible. An element of fortune for both goals but otherwise don't think Green had much to do. QPR turned up second gait and were the better team. Although the goals were soft. Martinez took a big step to the left and then it went to the right and wasn't even in the corner.

He was fantastic. It's quite staggering that you didn't see that to be honest.

But each to their own.

It's quite staggering you can't respect others opinions.

I respect yours but I think you're dead wrong. I don't call it shit

I think Iorfa looks a shadow of last year so far.

Theres something else I'd like to hear from people who went to the game - talk of a shape change with the half-time sub?

For me, the keeper has cost us the points tonight. The second and third goals should be getting saved every day at this level and it really puts KJ in an awkward position moving forward as I'm confident Ikeme would have saved both of them.

We seem to be running out of energy after 70 odd minutes - possibly down to the way we are playing.

Good to see K-Mac get on the scoresheet and it was a lovely finish.

The fact every single team in the Championship has dropped points in the first two games prove we've no devine right to win every game. From 2-0 up at home you certainly expect it but QPR are a decent side and the likes of Austin & Phillips are premier league players. Hopefully this will be a wake up call to our players and we'll kick on from here.

It's quite staggering you can't respect others opinions.

I respect yours but I think you're dead wrong. I don't call it shit

I think Iorfa looks a shadow of last year so far.
I said 'each to their own' - i.e 'you're entitled to your opinion'

I think your opinion is a steaming pile of horseshit though. Why do I have to respect it?

Back