• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 -3 QPR Verdict thread.

For me, the keeper has cost us the points tonight. The second and third goals should be getting saved every day at this level and it really puts KJ in an awkward position moving forward as I'm confident Ikeme would have saved both of them.

We seem to be running out of after 70 odd minutes - possibly down to the way we are playing.

Good to see K-Mac get on the scoresheet and it was a lovely finish.

The fact every single team in the Championship has dropped points in the first two games prove we've no devine right to win every game. From 2-0 up at home you certainly expect it but QPR are a decent side and the likes of Austin & Phillips are premier league players. Hopefully this will be a wake up call to our players and we'll kick on from here.

I find it uncomfortable to agree with you as strongly as I do here. It happened earlier today as well.

Theres something else I'd like to hear from people who went to the game - talk of a shape change with the half-time sub?

Afobe went up top and Le Fondre number 10. Midfield tended to get spread whereas first half they played as a unit

Not pointing the finger at anyone in particular here, and just getting this post in before anything does happen but can we PLEASE have a bitchy-free verdict thread for a change?

It's fine to disagree and argue your point but let's keep it civil please folks.

Not pointing the finger at anyone in particular here, and just getting this post in before anything does happen but can we PLEASE have a bitchy-free verdict thread for a change?

It's fine to disagree and argue your point but let's keep it civil please folks.

No issues here.

I find it uncomfortable to agree with you as strongly as I do here. It happened earlier today as well.

I'll chuck a Kasabian CD on while watching an episode of The Inbetweeners if it makes things return to normal?

More difficult after a loss innit

If Hause and Iorfa haven't been as shaky as I had inferred then you have my apologies; obviously I can only really make conjecture at this point.

I try not to comment too much nowadays as I know my comments tend to wind others up but I make no apologies for saying if the reason Carl Ikeme was dropped was Purely football then he surely will be playing Saturday, one of the poorest performance's from a Wolves keeper for a long time.

I'll chuck a Kasabian CD on while watching an episode of The Inbetweeners if it makes things return to normal?

Much, much better.

More difficult after a loss innit

If Hause and Iorfa haven't been as shaky as I had inferred then you have my apologies; obviously I can only really make conjecture at this point.

Don't apologise Alan! It's cool, I just don't agree to that extent. What I would agree with is that the back 4 don't look as composed thus far, it might be lack of Danny Batth, the attacking style we've seen, a slight lack of belief on occasions, or even the fact we've now played against the likes of Rhodes, Austin and Jelavic in the first few games, not the shoddiest of opponents at this level!!

I've no doubts we'll improve though.

Afobe went up top and Le Fondre number 10. Midfield tended to get spread whereas first half they played as a unit

le Fondre in the hole?! Seemed strange when Afobe went there to begin with considering he's the better finisher between him and Dicko but sticking a guy who's nothing but a finisher there just seems bonkers.

Is KJ perhaps putting a bit too much emphasis into late runners into the box without considering how that situation may be created to begin with? Deeper positions better suited to creative players seemingly being filled with players more suited to applying the finishing touch seems a little odd.

So disappointing.

For thirty minutes we dominated, but in truth it was the moment olés came out that we dropped off. It happened at Leeds, as NWW his team is young and got carried away and got casual. And as has happened before once they lose he momentum they find it difficult to regain.

The link up play in the opening spells wet a joy to watch, just as against Hull. Edwards, Afobe and Dicko in particular combined well with Henry in and out off the game. Iorfa attacked well from deep and Coady and McDonald dominated the middle of the park.

But after the half an hour mark we became complacent and then from the goal before half time we lost our nerve. When we needed them, McDonald and Eswsrds went missing and that is what really disappoints me. This team needs leaders and we lack in that aspect sometimes.

QPR were terrible, even heir biggest threats, Austin and Phillips didn't look that fit not bothered. For Phillips first, you can make a case to defend Martinez as he was unsighted and the ball looked to have deflected, though he still should saved it. The second however, is just unacceptable. The ball is curling but it doesn't not dip or change direction. His wrists are weak, along with that he made horrendous decisions distribution wide. His place is in threat and I wouldn't be surprised if he is dropped.

Afobe missed two excellent opportunities. One at 2-1 that would surely have finished the game from an excellent McDonald through ball. The other a result of good wing play by van la Parra which he surprisingly shot off target. Van la Parra was impressive in bursts though wasn't consistently in the game when he came on, overall he had a fairly positive impact. Ojo should have come on for Edwards who just completely disappeared, as we know he is prone to doing.

I think most telling is how different we are without Dicko, he wasn't even playing that well. But unless he was injured there can't be any explanation for his withdrawal, Le Fondre worked very hard and showed good touches on the ball but he wasn't needed yet. If anything, he could have put Price on if he had to take Nouha off.

I think we saw the best and worst of this team.at our best we are in teams faces, we pass with purpose and we push to score goals. At our worst we are nervy, casual and make poor decisions.

Work to do and we have to bounce back with a good performance on Saturday.

Don't apologise Alan! It's cool, I just don't agree to that extent. What I would agree with is that the back 4 don't look as composed thus far, it might be lack of Danny Batth, the attacking style we've seen, a slight lack of belief on occasions, or even the fact we've now played against the likes of Rhodes, Austin and Jelavic in the first few games, not the shoddiest of opponents at this level!!

I've no doubts we'll improve though.

Agreed, it's certainly been quite a trial for young Kourtney right off the bat. Even so I have to expect EEL must be champing at the bit to try and get a start ahead of him by now.

le Fondre in the hole?! Seemed strange when Afobe went there to begin with considering he's the better finisher between him and Dicko but sticking a guy who's nothing but a finisher there just seems bonkers.

Is KJ perhaps putting a bit too much emphasis into late runners into the box without considering how that situation may be created to begin with? Deeper positions better suited to creative players seemingly being filled with players more suited to applying the finishing touch seems a little odd.

Le Fondre has guile not pace. Afobe played on the last man a lot. Should have scored to put us 3-2 up. Poor miss.

Fair comment.

Whether it is the aforementioned players to blame or not, we still have a lot of time to turn it around with players coming back into the fold and a (mostly) sensible manager at the helm.

I think the worst thing supporters can do is start to panic because of supposed expectations we have. This is a promising young team and we have the potential to do very well in this league.

So disappointing.

For thirty minutes we dominated, but in truth it was the moment olés came out that we dropped off. It happened at Leeds, as NWW his team is young and got carried away and got casual. And as has happened before once they lose he momentum they find it difficult to regain.

The link up play in the opening spells wet a joy to watch, just as against Hull. Edwards, Afobe and Dicko in particular combined well with Henry in and out off the game. Iorfa attacked well from deep and Coady and McDonald dominated the middle of the park.

But after the half an hour mark we became complacent and then from the goal before half time we lost our nerve. When we needed them, McDonald and Eswsrds went missing and that is what really disappoints me. This team needs leaders and we lack in that aspect sometimes.

QPR were terrible, even heir biggest threats, Austin and Phillips didn't look that fit not bothered. For Phillips first, you can make a case to defend Martinez as he was unsighted and the ball looked to have deflected, though he still should saved it. The second however, is just unacceptable. The ball is curling but it doesn't not dip or change direction. His wrists are weak, along with that he made horrendous decisions distribution wide. His place is in threat and I wouldn't be surprised if he is dropped.

Afobe missed two excellent opportunities. One at 2-1 that would surely have finished the game from an excellent McDonald through ball. The other a result of good wing play by van la Parra which he surprisingly shot off target. Van la Parra was impressive in bursts though wasn't consistently in the game when he came on, overall he had a fairly positive impact. Ojo should have come on for Edwards who just completely disappeared, as we know he is prone to doing.

I think most telling is how different we are without Dicko, he wasn't even playing that well. But unless he was injured there can't be any explanation for his withdrawal, Le Fondre worked very hard and showed good touches on the ball but he wasn't needed yet. If anything, he could have put Price on if he had to take Nouha off.

I think we saw the best and worst of this team.at our best we are in teams faces, we pass with purpose and we push to score goals. At our worst we are nervy, casual and make poor decisions.

Work to do and we have to bounce back with a good performance on Saturday.

Not much I can disagree with there!

Agreed, it's certainly been quite a trial for young Kourtney right off the bat. Even so I have to expect EEL must be champing at the bit to try and get a start ahead of him by now.

It's a good experience for Hause. He's going to be a good player and this will have helped him, he has to make mistakes to improve.

I do expect EEL to come in to the team Saturday against physical opposition

Fair comment.

Whether it is the aforementioned players to blame or not, we still have a lot of time to turn it around with players coming back into the fold and a (mostly) sensible manager at the helm.

I think the worst thing supporters can do is start to panic because of supposed expectations we have. This is a promising young team and we have the potential to do very well in this league.

We do. But no player is above criticism.

And I tell you what The crowd was at its best and very worst tonight.

Gerrit forward. Go fuck yourselves

Le Fondre has guile not pace. Afobe played on the last man a lot. Should have scored to put us 3-2 up. Poor miss.

He may have the guile to find himself a bit of space in the box but I don't see him as a man that's got the guile on the ball to create things for others and help to unlock a team.

I can see the merit in a player like that coming from deep to provide an extra body in the box but if it's detrimental to getting the ball into the box to begin with then what's the point? Sort of like when Allardyce was playing Nolan off Carroll at West Ham, he offered nothing in build up but it didn't matter when you can just lump it up to Carroll without much thought.

Feel sorry for Hause, their third came from what should have been a routine pass back to the keeper but Martinez's display tonight had put the shit up the whole of the defence.

Back