• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 -3 QPR Verdict thread.

Just seen the two goals conceded and they are awful goals to concede and let's not forget the chance that skwirmed out of his hands towards the goal in the first half too. Shocking stuff.

Let's be clear, that deflection that caught out Green and went just wide is out of his control but Martinez should be spending all week in training practising reactions and anticipation and he's got it horribly, horribly wrong. Twice.

Wow just wow. I cant explain what just happened. Wolves for 40 minutes were sensational, dominating all area's creating chance after chance, then Charlie Austin scored just before half time and that completely killed us. The second half we played like a park side after being on the piss on Saturday night. QPR were on top but they didn't have to play well to do anything, we gifted them two goals and that was that. The crucial part of the game at 2-1 and Afobe clean through hit it straight at the keeper. If he scores that goodnight Rangers.

I can see what Jackett is doing but we haven't got the players to sustain that level of intensity for long periods in both halves. Wolves in effect burnt themselves out in the first half and that was that. Taking Nouha off in hindsight was a risky choice and it shown, ALF couldn't do what Dicko did and rarely figured. The midfield were non existent, VLP did liven up proceedings and he created a great chance for Benik who again missed the target. The defence was shaky as and only Golbourne for me can come out with credit but mainly on an attacking level.

If this formation is going to work and not continually going to burn us out we need another Coady, or K-Mac to come on and take over, hopefully that player will be Wallace, its risky and if it does work over time well done Jackett. However risky in itself is keeping on trying and losing games or comfortable leads. The Wulfs are notorious for not being patient.

Quick question, did we look leggy in the last 15 mins again?

Started well, then complacency set in on the pitch and in the stands. I clearly warned against under estimating this QPR team. Don't suppose many will admit they were wrong though?

You might have a point if they outplayed us. Seems like it was our own fault that we let them back in the game. That and two poor bits of keeping.

Hangin out my arse this morning. I love this town.

Wolves let us down last night but as bad as we were the south bank were much worse. Chanting Ikeme's name at 2-2? What the fuck is that all about? Genuinely embarrassed for anyone who joined in with that.

It was very short and not many joined in but yes, fucking pathetic!

Well sleeping on it didn't help. Still mightily pissed off. With regards the Dicko substitution. Just before halftime you could hear Jackett telling him to "put more fucking effort in" Once I heard this I predicted the halftime change.

The South Bank was pretty quiet. Literally no-one round by me bothers to join in any songs and I even had one newbie moaning about everyone standing up.

A little calmer this morning but not much. It is utterly frustrating that we as fans see things and highlight issues yet qualified coaches dont see it. The substitution did not help us at all last night in fact it opened a door. It worries me that KJ is still not sure what formation suits the squad he has. Even worse would be if he is trying to shoe-horn the squad he has into the formation he wants to play. After 3 games I must say it feels a bit like the latter to me. Improvement at Cardiff please

Quick question, did we look leggy in the last 15 mins again?

No...we finished the stronger team.
However we looked leggy during the 2nd half.
Attacking wise, we played better than against Hull i reckon.

Woke up this morning with a feeling of did that really happen, the manner of defeat is what is causing a few over reactions.
It's an early kick up the arse and a real eye opener. Frustrating thing is all three QPR goals were scored by players who may not be there in two weeks.
Conceding healthy leads is becoming a trait of KJ sides. Rotherham, Millwall, Leeds and last night we have let go 2/3 goal leads slip in the last 18 months.

With the ball Wolves look bright and inventive with good passing options. Without the ball collectively the team looks unbalanced and wide open. Without finding a collective shape the midfield and defense are getting turned to easily and end up chasing opponents. Its just a struggle to keep the play in front of them. The inexperience within the team is showing with opponents knowing there is something within the game should they venture forward. At this time I think we are missing the defensive contributions of Jack Price, Danny Batth and Carl Ikeme which would help the overall levels of concentration and communication.

Not sure whether KJ got out-thought last night or whether he out-thought himself. Subs were far too late against Hull and the ALF/Dicko substitution was simply a glaring mistake. Cyber's last post is bang on

About 5 minutes before half time, KJ did seemingly give Dicko a bit of a bollocking. It didn't surprise me when he didn't reappear for the second half

About 5 minutes before half time, KJ did seemingly give Dicko a bit of a bollocking. It didn't surprise me when he didn't reappear for the second half

QPR were in the ascendancy at this point and it was surprising Kenny Jackett was focused on one player when the real problem was collective rather than individual.

In pretty much every interview, KJ emphasises the need to keep improving all the time, identifying areas where we aren't yet as good as we could be, that we're still a work in progress.

It seems after the last couple of games that going forward we are a serious threat, but defensively we look a little vulnerable. So, a work in progress, KJ is well aware. No surprises really, that's football. Losing after being 2-0 up is always gutting, but we'll get better as the season progresses, I have no doubt. There is just so much potential in the team.

Hangin out my arse this morning. I love this town.

Wolves let us down last night but as bad as we were the south bank were much worse. Chanting Ikeme's name at 2-2? What the fuck is that all about? Genuinely embarrassed for anyone who joined in with that.
Indeed.

I listened to the match on 5Live - refreshingly better than Wolves Player, and didn't keep freezing every 5-10 mins, and didn't have to delay the vision-only picture on Sky Sports News so as to ensure the score didn't come up on there before it did on the commentary!

Anyhow, I think it was Steve Claridge co-commentating, who was calling it as he saw it (and echoed what I had seen in the game live at the weekend). No width on the left. ALF needs wingers on both sides knocking it in to him to suit his game - don't bring him on if you are not going to give him that sort of service.

Why was Henry subbed when it should have been Edwards?

Meanwhile, if we're worried about Martinez getting game time as part of him being on loan, what about Ojo's lack of game time - he's on loan too?

KJ has to stop playing favourites, and as I have said before play the 11 players who suit the 11 places in the formation you are playing. KJ should have seen the warning signs on Sunday. After last night, he now has to do something. As he simply will not drop Edwards, 4-2-3-1 this weekend, Ojo on the left, Edwards Attacking Midfield Centre, and Dicko on the bench.

QPR were in the ascendancy at this point and it was surprising Kenny Jackett was focused on one player when the real problem was collective rather than individual.

Indeed, I thought Dicko was a scapegoat. It's clear he misses Sako and we should not paint this any other way, we are a weaker team than last season and Dicko is suffering because of it.

Neither Edwards nor Henry can keep up enough pressing or read the game well enough to cut passes out. That's just not their strengths so we either need to go all out attack and push the wide men onto the full bavks or go more defensive by dropping off. At the moment we are Klopp-lite without the players to do it.

I like this style of play and had we kept it up for the entire first half we would have won at a canter, but we didn't which is a shame.

Back