• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 -3 QPR Verdict thread.

Indeed, I thought Dicko was a scapegoat. It's clear he misses Sako and we should not paint this any other way, we are a weaker team than last season and Dicko is suffering because of it.

Neither Edwards nor Henry can keep up enough pressing or read the game well enough to cut passes out. That's just not their strengths so we either need to go all out attack and push the wide men onto the full bavks or go more defensive by dropping off. At the moment we are Klopp-lite without the players to do it.

I like this style of play and had we kept it up for the entire first half we would have won at a canter, but we didn't which is a shame.

With the huge space thats opening up in front of the fullbacks we then see McDonald and Coady having to plug the gaps with lateral running. Often having to cover runners who should be others responsibility, no wonder they get knackered come the 70 minute mark.

With the ball Wolves look bright and inventive with good passing options. Without the ball collectively the team looks unbalanced and wide open. Without finding a collective shape the midfield and defense are getting turned to easily and end up chasing opponents. Its just a struggle to keep the play in front of them. The inexperience within the team is showing with opponents knowing there is something within the game should they venture forward. At this time I think we are missing the defensive contributions of Jack Price, Danny Batth and Carl Ikeme which would help the overall levels of concentration and communication.

Nail on the head.

We've always looked erratic in defence, even last season when our overall defensive record was pretty good.

You can clearly see that Hause has potential but IMO he's cost us a goal a game in the last 3 games now and we can't afford for that to keep happening, not when we are gunning for promotion.

Martinez was poor too, clearly lost all confidence and wasn't helped by the atmosphere behind him. We've got to do better v Cardiff.

I didn't think missing Danny Batth would be this bad, but we are clearly worse in defence without him.

This formation sucks balls, I hate it. We were miles on top and should never have been losing that game but that superiority was more to do with how dismal QPR were until they scored. It's unbalanced, it's got two of the midfield four out of position, we don't create anywhere near enough and it puts too much pressure on the full backs in both directions - which is really a problem when we have two players there who can't cross the ball.

It reminds me of Dave Jones' 2002 4-1-3-2 while Kennedy was injured with no-one on the left wing.

1. Decide the formation which a) best suits the players you have and b) which will get results
2. Put round pegs in round holes, square pegs in square holes
3. Kick off

The third one gets worse with every viewing. Awful!

Their first is just a piece of genuine quality. Iorfa should be getting a bit tighter but it's a cracking delivery.

Lovely hit from KMac. A few more of those please!

And you could tell how ? The camera panned across when he had everybody on top of him...

I didn't think he was overly chuffed when I saw it live either and at first I wondered if it had been ruled out as his reaction was almost downbeat.

I'm not convinced the players like this new system at all.

I didn't think he was overly chuffed when I saw it live either and at first I wondered if it had been ruled out as his reaction was almost downbeat.

I'm not convinced the players like this new system at all.

They were probably gutted to be 2-0 after 25 minutes.

My god. Their 2nd & third are piss poor goals to concede.

On the we lack width debate, worth noting that both our goals came from balls coming in from a wide position, from Henry, the sole wide player on our team.

I'll forgive Martinez the 2nd goal as he had players blocking his view but that 3rd is a shocker. That should never have gone in. Like Nando says, their 1st was a bit of quality. Superb cross and a great header.

They were probably gutted to be 2-0 after 25 minutes.

Yeah that didn't read quite right. They were 2 separate statements. They should be gutted though it should've been 4!

Yeah that didn't read quite right. They were 2 separate statements. They should be gutted though it should've been 4!

I know. But I thought I'd take the piss with a sarky comment anyway.... :2xGay:

The second is forgivable but the third one is just cringeworthy.

I can't even work out what he's trying to do for the third. Straight from the Taibi school of goalkeeping.

Back