• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-4 Leeds: Verdict Thread

I don't see how they can send Nunes off for being outside the technical area, given how many other times it happens. It's a plain old accident when the lino then reverses into him.

It’s simple they do everything y the book and have zero ability to think a logical manner.
The most robotic, self guarded arrogant profession ever to exist.

Why is he there though! Everybody in the Wolves camp is fuming screaming shouting and running about. It’s pandemonium I can understand it happening.

Funny to see the linesman confirm it was Nunes through the crowd and turning the other way straight away, he looked like he was shitting himself.

On sky highlights they couldn’t understand the pen or adama foul decisions. The BBC always toe the line. I’ve seen the slightest touch on Kane, Bale being given as a penalty and the justification from them being “if he feels a touch and goes down it’s a pen” Strange it’s never the same for non top six teams.

The contact occurs a foot outside the technical area. That’s what PGMOL will hang their case on re Nunes. Absolutely zero point in appealing the other red card. It’s a red card challenge.

I mean on the pitch. We can't have the senior staff and players (even on the bench) tearing around frothing at the mouth every game.

The Nunes sending off is ridiculous, and I'm not saying we should make shit decisions easy for the ref, or not highlight things after the game or in interviews, but we lose discipline every game now, to our further detriment

I watched on the weekend 2 yellow cards be giving for diving to the same player, only for them to be taken back and penalties awarded after VAR intervened. Turns out you can use VAR properly, at least in the Bundisliga.

I think people are capable of separating the result (us being shit) and the errors of the referees against us this season that has been compounding week by week it feels like.

No wonder the manager and players are frustrated. Just as others have mentioned, it doesn't really galvanise them (except maybe the Soton win), they very much feel like a team of individuals.

Which is the over-arching problem, particularly in attack. That the likes of Neves/Podence/Jimenez have been here for so long and yet their chemistry is non-existent and playstyles all at odds to each other. Where are the leaders? For all his importance to the team I don't think its one of Neves' strengths.

That starting line up looked weird from the start. We are over the honeymoon/new manager bounce with JL, so be interesting to see what he does to make sure we stay up. Our forward line looked best when it was Hwang-Cunha-Sarabia starting. Hwang is injured but why isn't Cunha playing more? Everyone knows he's not a pure #9, yet the team doesn't look as threatening when he's not pitch.

Midfield just seems to be mix whomever and see how it goes. Way too many questions after these last two weeks.

I mean on the pitch. We can't have the senior staff and players (even on the bench) tearing around frothing at the mouth every game.

The Nunes sending off is ridiculous, and I'm not saying we should make shit decisions easy for the ref, or not highlight things after the game or in interviews, but we lose discipline every game now, to our further detriment
Bang on.

I watched on the weekend 2 yellow cards be giving for diving to the same player, only for them to be taken back and penalties awarded after VAR intervened. Turns out you can use VAR properly, at least in the Bundisliga.

I think people are capable of separating the result (us being shit) and the errors of the referees against us this season that has been compounding week by week it feels like.

No wonder the manager and players are frustrated. Just as others have mentioned, it doesn't really galvanise them (except maybe the Soton win), they very much feel like a team of individuals.

Which is the over-arching problem, particularly in attack. That the likes of Neves/Podence/Jimenez have been here for so long and yet their chemistry is non-existent and playstyles all at odds to each other. Where are the leaders? For all his importance to the team I don't think its one of Neves' strengths.

That starting line up looked weird from the start. We are over the honeymoon/new manager bounce with JL, so be interesting to see what he does to make sure we stay up. Our forward line looked best when it was Hwang-Cunha-Sarabia starting. Hwang is injured but why isn't Cunha playing more? Everyone knows he's not a pure #9, yet the team doesn't look as threatening when he's not pitch.

Midfield just seems to be mix whomever and see how it goes. Way too many questions after these last two weeks.
Don't think the starting line up was the problem the last 2 weeks. Not the starting line up I would have chosen but on Saturday after the initial 5 minutes we fought back well and but for our inherent problem should have been on level terms at half time.
Our problem seems to stem from the reaction to poor reffing decisions, instead of firming up our resolve we currently behave like petulant 3 year old.
Last week especially we completely lost our discipline after the non pen/Raul foul.
Also JL has got the second half subs badly wrong recently. After equalising at Newcastle and looking like we might go on to win it, the subs completely wrecked our momentum.

The new manager bounce as they call it has given us a chance which was what we all wanted and looking back to Everton away if you’d have said that going into the break 2 points clear of the drop we’d have been delighted.
However the current direction of travel is a worry. Some traits that all relegated club’s development to, blaming other factors for our predicament, ill discipline and looking very leaky again.
Don’t want to hear about how crap other sides are how we will be fine. We’re equally as shit.
Have a feeling he’s got some great training ground players that play it safe come match day.

Don't think the starting line up was the problem the last 2 weeks. Not the starting line up I would have chosen but on Saturday after the initial 5 minutes we fought back well and but for our inherent problem should have been on level terms at half time.
Our problem seems to stem from the reaction to poor reffing decisions, instead of firming up our resolve we currently behave like petulant 3 year old.
Last week especially we completely lost our discipline after the non pen/Raul foul.
Also JL has got the second half subs badly wrong recently. After equalising at Newcastle and looking like we might go on to win it, the subs completely wrecked our momentum.
I was thinking about something similar yesterday. If you stopped the game at 70 minutes at Newcastle and at 73 against Leeds Wolves had everything in their favour to go on and get at least a point in both, and looked the better bet if anyone was going to win it at Newcastle. In fact, I genuinely fancied us to go on and win against Leeds (I might have been a bit caught up in the moment). Opponents rocking and with no great recent form to draw on or suggest they would turn it around, Wolves well on top, best part of 30 minutes to go. Both times we've been the architects of our own downfall in the time that followed and that is annoying, poor really. Not least as, no only did we not take the chances, we stopped making the chances that would have come about simply by playing our own game and letting the other team fall apart. Somehow we managed to do the reverse both times, letting the others off the hook and crumbling ourselves.

Neves, who was taken off to probably save him a yellow card and a two match ban made a beeline straight to the referee at full time. If he’d have then got a card, again for dissent, it wouldn’t have surprised me at all.

We always look more dangerous with one or both of Cunha/Sarabia on the pitch. They should be starting games and if they're gassed they can come off after an hour.
Agreed, also Raul for all he's being touted as 'finished' looks much better with Cunha around him.
Still think in games we have reasonable chance of points, which is at least the next 5 imo, we should go positive from the start which for me includes Raul, Cunha and Sarabia.

For me I'd have Nunes back in the team (assuming the red card is rescinded) as he is the best of the various CMs at bring the ball forward - forward 3 would then be Neto - Cunha - Sarabia

Back