• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-4 Leeds: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Shocking stuff and an incredibly frustrating watch. Pathetic all over the pitch.

Sleepwalked into being a goal down, then defended like Sunday league players to effectively lose the game. We had Leeds on the ropes when our 2nd goal went in. Then the game just died and we stopped throwing men forwards. We look like rabbits in headlights whenever the ball comes to us in front of goal. Some absolutely woeful finishing as well. Raul should have buried his chance.

I've no idea if the stating XI was right. I don't think Lopetegui knows either. Our best team seems elusive.

Once again the ref was absolutely pathetic and abysmal. Materially affecting the result once again. The nonsense at the end is the kind of stuff that makes you question various officials integrity.

Last edited:
Looking forward to Howard Webb's apology in 5 days' time.

We don't have a "best team" insofar as we don't have any single group of XI that actually works effectively.

I don't know how I'm going to watch again. The refereeing is so beyond farcical, I genuinely can't take the league seriously at the moment.

Plenty to be absolutely fuming about internally. Slow start, then terrible finishing, then awful start to the second half.

Got to improve very quickly. Concerning performances. Must win at Forest which isn't ideal at all.

Can't even speak about the refereeing, and don't want to distract from bigger things we can fix ourselves.

I'm fine with losing, we do it enough, but the dodgy VAR decisions week after week are really starting to grate.

Plenty to be absolutely fuming about internally. Slow start, then terrible finishing, then awful start to the second half.

Got to improve very quickly. Concerning performances. Must win at Forest which isn't ideal at all.
We need a hammer and what we've got instead is one of those floppy foam noodles.

A lot going on there!

Going back to the start though, why do we have to play 3 CMs who don't really contribute to attacks other than Neves starting counter attacks? Going 2.0 down shows we aren't controlling anything. I'd like to see us play 2 and then 4 attackers, i.e Cunha off Raul and 2 wide.

It happens about 2 times in 100 that a ref looks at the monitor and doesn't overturn his decision.

Happened today though.

Obviously the 4th goal doesn't REALLY matter in the scheme of things, but it's a 3 game ban for Nunes and the events around it may well effect it mentally.

Also, obviously it's another game, another definite penalty that we don't get. Why? I refuse to believe it's corruption, i mean why would anyone want Leeds to win over us, but it's bizarre how many of these have gone against us now.

I just hope we can turn all these adverse decisions into a siege/everyone hates us mentality rather than just feel sorry for ourselves.

I mean the penalty we didn't get is one thing. The foul on Adama is so unbelievably blatant that I simply can't square it.

If we lose to Forest we will go down make no mistake.
We are dreadful.

If Lopetegui wants to pick the right team for once we might not have to waste 3 subs fixing his mess. To the point where Gomes can’t move and we have 10 men but can’t take him off.

Ref was a fucking joke again (same cunt at Bournemouth) but he’s not the reason we lost.

For me it's damage limitation now, Lop needs to pull a coherent first XI out of these misfits and get them modestly scoring while keeping tight at the back.

We'll only go down if we completely combust, but our Ian Holloway style gung ho stuff for most of this game has me worried

Was Dawson injured? Seemed a bit odd to take him off and the defence went totally to pot without him.

Back