• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Bolton 2 Verdict thread.

Yeah apathy has well and truly set in, I think it can only get worse between now and May.

A new Manager or Owner would certainly change things but it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Early Bird details are usually due about now so that's gonna be interesting to say the least.

I will be staggered if they offer an early bird. The PR of a poor take-up would be horribly damaging. The only way to save face would be to say early bird is open to all and for the entire season ticket window.

Ha, never underestimate the current regime at Wolves to stagger the fans.

I've never been a superfan by any stretch, but I can't remember being this disinterested since the mid-90s. Even the Saunders period provided the weird pleasure of rubbernecking a car crash. I normally try to get up for a few games each season and to get to the southern away games, but I haven't been bothered at all this season. If it's a quiet day, I might remember there's a game on and check on here for the result.

Dicko on crutches

Nobody, there is a hole there for the opposing team to bang in their crosses

Because we sold Golbourne

I've never been a superfan by any stretch, but I can't remember being this disinterested since the mid-90s. Even the Saunders period provided the weird pleasure of rubbernecking a car crash. I normally try to get up for a few games each season and to get to the southern away games, but I haven't been bothered at all this season. If it's a quiet day, I might remember there's a game on and check on here for the result.

I know what you mean I 'll go to home games but man I have lost the enthusiasm or enjoyment of going to games as of late I haven't felt so uninterested in our games since Hoddle's reign of terror. I'm not one of these football manager game types who want us to spend, spend, spend and think It's all too easy to run a football club I just want to enjoy what I'm watching on the pitch I don't care If they are all 16 year old's on the pitch and everyone has been sold I wan't see quality as well as effort.

Last night was really testing we showed little quality and let Bolton the leagues bottom team control the game with very little quality from us and terrible tactics deployed by KJ It was horrible to watch.

I was walking down to North Bank when my gaffer at work text me to say there was a couple of spare seats in his exec box in Steve Bull stand - Close to South Bank end sat back in my chair 2nd half to watch the transformed (after the half time drubbing from KJ) toy with Bloton in their half. How fucking wrong could I have been. Was it the bottom of the table might out playing us or KJ setting up to absorb and counter attack absolutely pathetic. VLP was back to (but worse still) his before loaned out to Brighton form.

I can't even bring myself to write my view on last night.

Words fail me.

Mason was okay, Siggy tried hard EEL showed a few nice touches.

That's about as positive as I can be.

I will be staggered if they offer an early bird. The PR of a poor take-up would be horribly damaging. The only way to save face would be to say early bird is open to all and for the entire season ticket window.

On the other hand, the uproar if they don't offer something will be ever worse. They'll need to pitch it right - which I sincerely doubt they will!!

And totally OT but I had a missed call from you last night around half time - were you calling to vent??!

I can't even bring myself to write my view on last night.

Words fail me.

Mason was okay, Siggy tried hard EEL showed a few nice touches.

That's about as positive as I can be.

You've had a shocking run so far this season.

Ok, I've calmed down so here goes...

Ikeme: One good save, a couple of moments commanding his area but then stays at home at the vital moment and we concede. Clearly has no confidence in the defenders ahead of him!
Iorfa: Just looked out of sorts for large parts of the game. He had three really promising, attacking runs towards their box but didn't try one shot. Just put your laces through it! What's the worst that could happen?
Batth: Who are you and what have you done to the competent, if unspectacular, "basics" defender we used to have? Are you Dannys evil, West Brom supporting twin brother who has him locked away, here to cause as much damage as possible? Absolute rubbish again.
Doherty: Apparently he's good going forward...I'd take "good at stopping wingers crossing the ball across the face of the goal every five minutes" and doing basic "defender" stuff.
Van L.P: Now this one is a strange one. Really tried but most of what he did try turned to shit! Looks like a player who doesn't believe his team mates are any good so he has to do it all himself. It didn't work.
Coady: Meh, as the kids would say! One blood and thunder challenge in the 2nd half and lots of uninspiring huff and puff
McDonald: Drifted in and out of the game (with more out than in) but, I feel, really plays better with Price alongside him. Didn't do an awful lot is being kind.
Rowe: A "beige" player with a beige, ok performance. Didn't do too much wrong but drifted narrow too much and offered nothing in an "attacking winger" way. (because he isn't one)
Mason: Started brightly, scored a goal and ran around a lot.
Siggy; I felt sorry for him last night. 70 minutes of the ball being launched towards him, winning headers and no one getting on the end of them...Apart from himself a couple of times when he was the only one to chase the knock down!
SUBS;
Henry: Came on for Siggy and we pushed the shortest player we have up top and continued to launch high ball at him! Ran at the Bolton defense, caused problems and scored a goal. Impact sub, his new role
Saville; Came on for Rowe and we went even narrower down the left...Shocking substitution
Price: Came on for Mason and was told to play in the #10 position...Really? Have you lost your marbles Kenny? Fuck me! We immediately conceded.

Unused subs
McCarey (Keeper) Fair enough
Deslandes (Left Back) You know what one of those is, don't you Kenny? A defender who CAN play on the left of defense.
Byrne (#10/winger) Why put a winger on the left side when you can put a defensive central midfielder there?! Kenny is rapidly turning Byrne into the "unused saviour of Wolverhampton Wanderers" but seriously, he must of looked at that team that ended the game and thought "I give up"
LeFondre (Forward) You know Kenny...the kind of player who plays attacker! An actual forward not a winger thrown up there. He must be thinking the same as Byrne

So all in all, six hours in the car that was well worth the effort...Oh wait. At least the company in the car was good!

Back