• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Charlton 1 the first home win of many verdict thread

When you see Tweets like this

Benik Afobé ‏@Afobe_ 4m4 minutes ago
I'm praying my boy @DNouha has a speedy recovery. Devastated is an understatement. Lots of love bro!... D.I.C.K.Ohhh

You have to assume we won't be seeing Dicko much more this season.

I'm praying my boy @DNouha has a speedy recovery. Devastated is an understatement. Lots of love bro!... D.I.C.K.Ohhh

Hopefully it can be used to galvanize the team.

It happened right in front of us, I reckon he will be out for a minimum of 6 months, he bottled the challenge landed awkwardly and his knee seemed to twist.

Stears gone and Dicko probably out for the season. Kenny considered to be one of the best managers outside the Prem. Let's hope so.
You are having a laugh!!

After a abject first hour against a Charlton team who were not even that good. Golbourne, Edwards, Henry best on pitch Doherty apart from almost gifting them a first half goal next best. hause started very poorly but improved, EEL decent Macdonald is right off his game anyway the injuries changed the game ALF was a proper handful Wallace looked like he could handle it. We then played far more direct and may have scored 4 Edwards missed an easy header ALF ballooned a clear chance. I will say there is no lack of effort Dicko and Afobe put a shift in. Dicko was unlucky he checked his run passed the last defender then tried to start again to reach through ball his knee twisted very badly as I saw it he will be lucky to be back for new year.
Now as far as this manager thing goes that is so wrong he destroys his players confidence his changes are unfathomable and his plan B is well errrr missing.
Getting rid of Stears is a disgrace no experience now they must think were stupid where is this money above and beyond 30million on top of the Tenner? Now we sell our player of the season for 2 mill

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

It's been pointed out previously that Stearman was not exactly a unanimous choice.

Really? Selling our player of the year? Swapping goalkeepers like stickers?

I've never been convinced by him, i've mentioned that before. I was just wondering why you were seriously concerned yourself.

I've got to agree with NNW here. I'm not sure what's going on at the club at all. None of it makes sense. Are we really aiming for promotion like we keep saying? It doesn't seem like it.

Most of my ire is directed towards Kevin Thelwell and not Kenny Jackett though.

All this drama and the fact we won an important game today without Stearmen in the side.

It was considering we fell behind, showed character to come back after the two previous league results.

Agreed, after the first went in I thought we'd collapse.

My two penneth:
Ikeme, from where I was the ball went under him, confidence looks shot, this one's on you Kenny
Centre halves were in the whole fine, EEL good, Hause ok, though shaky on occasions
Doherty did ok, but could have cost us at 1.0 when he left their bloke with a one on one
Golbourne, wasn't expected to get forward as much, played very well and my MoTM
Coady, tried not sure about him based on today
McDonald, anonymous and that is being polite. One way or another he won't be in the team in a month or so
Edwards, does what Edwards does, scored a goal, worked hard, one great defensive tackle, missed a great heading opportunity, should never start on the left or right side of midfield ever again
Henry, very good first half, faded away in the second, up there with Golbourne as my MOTM
Afobe, not his day, tried didn't come off
Dicko, the injury is a huge disappointment, but something wasn't right, second to every ball and no threat. We now need another forward

Who'd have thought we'd score 2 goals after we went 442?
Ojo, raw, didn't go at the full back as much as I would have liked, but set up the winner
Le Fondre, does what he has always does and finishes, although missed another good chance. Doylesque ability to win free kicks

Last edited:
Ikeme probably does lack confidence, but I can't see how that was to blame for him conceding. The save was more an instinct/reaction save so his mentors state wouldn't have come to it.

Hope Dicko isn't injured long term but he was shocking today.

The rest of the team was poor and then improved to average. Fortunately enough to get past a poor Charlton team.

Not entirely sure how we won that. The first 65 minutes were truly awful, as bad as it gets. Fortunately Charlton are also not very good at all.

Ikeme: I hate switching keepers around all the time but he had one thing to do and completely fucked it up. Horrible effort at saving it. Give Martinez 10 games.

Doherty: Please never pick this wanker again. Still League of Ireland standard. Nowhere near the play for their goal as per, fell over the ball and nearly gifted them a second, he is fucking appalling.

Hause/EEL: Did alright. I'm really not that bothered about Stearman leaving, I don't think he's any better than either and has no improvement in him.

Golbourne: Decent game. I still can't fathom why he keeps being the fall guy when Ken makes changes at the back. Take him off corners though! Why have we got a bloke who cannot cross taking dead balls?

Edwards: Typically did not look like a right winger, why on earth we are picking him there is beyond me. Kept going, got his goal, missed an easier chance soon afterwards. Not good enough but bizarrely we seem locked into keeping him on the pitch at all costs at the moment.

McDonald: Not fit, shouldn't be playing.

Coady: Poorest game so far, had very little impact.

Henry: Probably our best player until Alfie came on. Even despite being on the wrong side and it being incredibly obvious what he was going to do every time we gave him the ball.

Dicko: Barely broke into a jog, really disappointing. Looked to me like he bottled the challenge where he got injured.

Afobe: Poor. Didn't really offer anything.

Ojo: Makes things happen, we have to play him. Shockingly when we had two wingers on the pitch we were able to switch the play and that's how we scored the winner. No Sako but he is a decent player.

Le Fondre: I don't normally give subs MOTM but I'll have to here - he changed everything. Nice finish for the goal (should have scored beforehand), chased everything, won free kicks, he'd be in on merit even if Dicko weren't injured.

More questions than answers at the moment.

Afobe's first touch today was fucking shocking lets hope Newcastle,Norwich and every one else who wanna buy him were watching😉

Back