• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-4 Man Utd: Verdict Thread

If the choice is Doc, a half fit Bueno or a half fit RAN its abundantly clear to everyone, apart from you, what the answer is..
So you'd rather play 2 different half fit players than one fully fit player who has played in a defence that had kept 2 consecutive clean sheets and got a good assist in the previous game?

If ever a post shows how much a bias against a player can sway logic and reasoning.

What he was wearing on his knee was a fact, the severity of that injury we don't know, he might have played with pain killers, the strapping could be to do with an another area too, but you boys all just carry on arguing against logic if it makes you feel better jumping up and down typing "Doc is shit"
There aren't many players that don't wear some sort of tape/ support somewhere on their bodies at some point during the season.

There aren't many players that don't wear some sort of tape/ support somewhere on their bodies at some point during the season.
It's very unusual for it to be worn around the knee at this level!

Clearly all I'm saying is, all the repeated statements of "why did he play Doc, he should have played RAN, there is no reason not to play RAN" should be fettered by the fact that RAN's knee was strapped? No?

But several of you just keep just saying "I'd have played a half fit RAN anyway" I mean how daft is that!?

I can't imagine RAN was wearing knee strapping for a laugh

I'm not sure it was overconfidence from GON. I think Utd set up and played very differently to how they played against us last time, and were bolstered by the return of some important players for them. They also had Rashford with a point to prove after what had gone on this week with him. Hell, they even looked like a team that had some unity and confidence, which they haven't had for some time. It was a bit of a perfect storm where a lot of factors helped them and we didn't adapt quickly enough to the changes in them.
Yeah I think that's fair, but I do wonder if we set up to take the game to them which we don't usually do against the better opposition.

It's very unusual for it to be worn around the knee at this level!

Clearly all I'm saying is, all the repeated statements of "why did he play Doc, he should have played RAN, there is no reason not to play RAN" should be fettered by the fact that RAN's knee was strapped? No?

But several of you just keep just saying "I'd have played a half fit RAN anyway" I mean how daft is that!?
Firstly, Google knee strapping and read up on it. It really could've been anything. The medics would not have let him be picked if it was a serious issue.

Secondly, that didn't mean RAN was half fit.

Thirdly, Doc is shit, there is no hiding that fact and when he played like shit the change should've been made much earlier (after 30 minutes imo).

So you'd rather play 2 different half fit players than one fully fit player who has played in a defence that had kept 2 consecutive clean sheets and got a good assist in the previous game?

If ever a post shows how much a bias against a player can sway logic and reasoning.
Doc hasn’t been fit since 2019

The timing of the sub was strange. Doherty didn't look injured so not one of those give him 5 minutes after half time moments and whatever injury RAN does or doesn't have the medical advice wouldn't have been he's got 40 minutes, but not 45 in him.

It honestly felt like "I am given you a chance to rectify that display" and his first major fuck up of the 2nd half and he was taken off.

Probably wasn't that but seen that kind of sub from managers down the years. Never makes sense

The timing of the sub was strange. Doherty didn't look injured so not one of those give him 5 minutes after half time moments and whatever injury RAN does or doesn't have the medical advice wouldn't have been he's got 40 minutes, but not 45 in him.
Much like Kenny said it was definitely here’s some time to improve but he got worse. Volleyed an easy pass straight to them and RAN instantly began warming up, then he messed up an easy headed pass and that was that. If Rayan is fit, Doc should not start another game.

Hopefully the centre halves don’t have another game like yesterday either. Tactics were terrible until the subs but the level all 3 of them played at yesterday is not something you can get away with in this league.

Two moments early in the second half he gave the ball away really cheaply both of which ended up in our box a few seconds later.
Worst was when Onana was well of his line and he just headed straight into a clutch of Man Utd players.

Straight after the second time he gave the ball away in the second half, one of the coaches call RAN back in to get ready.

He only went out to warm up after the first one, must have been about 1 minute.

Two moments early in the second half he gave the ball away really cheaply both of which ended up in our box a few seconds later.
Worst was when Onana was well of his line and he just headed straight into a clutch of Man Utd players.
And slowly jogging back from the oppositions half, I was fucking screaming at the idle twat.

When was Onana clearing out Kilman which is on social media? Doherty was still on the pitch so I assume first half, but not something I noticed at the game. Only a still so doesn't really give context

When was Onana clearing out Kilman which is on social media? Doherty was still on the pitch so I assume first half, but not something I noticed at the game. Only a still so doesn't really give context

It was when Kilman's header got cleared off the line. It wasn't as bad as the Sasa one on the opening day, never going to get given and happens pretty much every game

GoN got that horribly wrong last night for 60 minutes, he needs to own that rather than say we were good for large parts of the game because that's bollocks.

He'll learn and his in-game management need to improve.

Agree with @YoungWolf we were all over the place to start with. No pattern with the ball, defensively all over the place (seemed to be no plan at all) and persisting with this ridiculous Beale/ Lage tactic of trying to draw the opposition onto them whilst playing at zero tempo. Sitting Doyle too deep and Toti having a complete disaster didn't help the situation either as well as picking the wrong team as nearly everybody has pointed out.

It was as poor a 45 minutes as we've played and GoN going back to look at his iPad after 20 minutes is just fucking ridiculous. Just manage what's in front of you FFS. Cunha Very frustrated at what were evidently shit instructions, and this was all in the first 25 minutes.

I have no idea why he didn't change it at HT, that seemed insane to me and even now I still don't know what he was expecting.

The change in tactics as much as the subs made a huge difference. They were terrified of RAN, the dynamism of Gomes and actually having to pick up 4 instead of 3 forwards.

Things we knew already but for some inexplicable reason GoN refused to accept:

Doc is shit
Fraser can be effective
Sarabia is a good footballer when played in the right position
Kilman isn't very good
Doc is still shit
Bellegarde isn't a false 9
Counter attacking football without a 9 doesn't work
Zero tempo football is shit to watch and ineffective as a game plan
Sa is still a liability
Jeff Shi is a lying cunt
Doc is still fucking shit

Things we didn't know about this team:
Nothing

It was a very good game to watch if ultimately frustrating.
So, what are your thoughts on Doc?

It was when Kilman's header got cleared off the line. It wasn't as bad as the Sasa one on the opening day, never going to get given and happens pretty much every game
Thanks it was second half then, I'll give myself an eyesight pass as it was at the South Bank end

Thanks it was second half then, I'll give myself an eyesight pass as it was at the South Bank end
To be fair I didn’t really notice it from my sofa. As mentioned, bit of a non starter

Back