• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 Bristol City 2 Boxing Day verdict thread

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
C0nhU4WWgAAZnnK.jpg:large

Skin. Of. Our. Teeth.

Well if that's over the line despite the good fortune it's another time we can't defend for shit.

Less than a week to the transfer window opening and I bloody hope we've got 2 defenders lined up to come in straight away!

We won and that's all that matters 9 points off the play-offs with 23 to play anything can happen...

We look a decent side lately, we would have cruised that game with even a mediocre defence, unfortunately they aren't mediocre, they are a complete train wreck. A couple of signings and Williamson back in the fold and I am optimistic for the 2nd half of the season.

Poor defending nearly cost us. Generally team played well. Thought Dicko was poor, Bright lacking in crucial area, Cavaleiro brilliant one minute poor the other.

Poor defending nearly cost us. Generally team played well. Thought Dicko was poor, Bright lacking in crucial area, Cavaleiro brilliant one minute poor the other.

Disagree on Dicko. He was quiet but there were less than scraps to feed on today.

That said, we just look a better side with a 'number 10' (Bright) dropping between the lines. It links things well.

Some of our defending deserves the Benny Hill soundtrack playing over it. Over the line or not (and from my angle, it looked a goal for all the world), it was so unnecessary to have our backs so against the wall at that stage. A touch of composure and we could have played the game out in their half.

Where would we be without them bloody foreign Mendes clients? Bottom three and by some way.

Have to say I was sat 7 rows back in the Stan Cullis right behind the goal, it looked very dodgy at the end, in real time it looked a goal but I may be proven wrong.

Disagree on Dicko. He was quiet but there were less than scraps to feed on today.

That said, we just look a better side with a 'number 10' (Bright) dropping between the lines. It links things well.

Hmm Dicko really isnt firing at the moment...i think we saw when Bod came on what Dicko should be doing.
Bod ran the channel,harried defenders and pressured for air balls,Dicko is waiting for things to happen but
im sure he needs just that one goal to get on track.
Wasnt too keen on him and Bright having a shouting match in the 2nd half tho.
Also Cav needs to just cross the fucking ball 1st time and not end up doing
a passable Van La Parra impression.

Some of our defending deserves the Benny Hill soundtrack playing over it. Over the line or not (and from my angle, it looked a goal for all the world), it was so unnecessary to have our backs so against the wall at that stage. A touch of composure and we could have played the game out in their half.

I wet with The Keystone Cops but sentiment is the same. Batth was once again woeful - can’t turn and falls over for the first and allows Flint to score right in middle of goal 5 yards out without even having to jump for the second. A CH on 1st January is a must, I’ll wait a week for the much-needed forward and midfielder.

I wouldnt pin my hopes on Williamson in the new year. Two centre halves and quickly we cant keep Batth and Stearman together. Absolute dogshit. Is Batth related to Holloway, no amount of tapping the badge and fist pumping the crowd will make you any better Daniel.

I love the fact that he gave the penalty against himself! Hilarious!

Car crash defending again

Edwards scores again

Costa wscores a worldy

Looking too good to tho down but nowhere near a promotion challenger.

Going forward is looking OK but still room for a scoring striker

Defensively god help us if we keep that back five

Playground defensive errors again, but back to back wins shoud bring some much needed confidence back.

The fact we've started scoring goals has made me a lot less worried, obviously the defence is abysmal but that surely won't have gone unnoticed by lambert and the owners so there must be some fresh faces in that department arriving in January.

I want Dicko to get a goal so so much!

Back