• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Huddersield - Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Afobe always unsubbable? I get he's on paper our best striker and he's scored today, but ALF has been the better player again.

'Coz he scores when he wants!

He should just play as an out and out forward, he's largely ineffective when dropping deep, I think ALF would be better suited to the slightly deeper role, linking up with midfield.

Golbourne looks like a youth team player, there's some ability there but just seems so weak and scared.

KMac from a few yards outside his penalty area facing almost the wrong way, plays a ridiculous 60 yard pass to a similar spot outside the H'Field box where Afobe running like a hare gets onto it and 3 touches as the keeper comes out and defender on his shoulder slots it powerfully past the keeper in off the far post.
Terrific finishing, great composure.
3-0.

Agree that ALF has been better today but Afobe not being subbed when it looked like he was going off for Edwards has got us two goals to kill the game

Well you can't argue with two goals. I'd play him every day if he's playing well and scoring. It's just when he's not and looks not bothered I have an issue with him.

A flattering scoreline, but worth the win in the end.

Le Fondre blatantly dived too, I think the ref judged that perfectly.

Well you can't argue with two goals. I'd play him every day if he's playing well and scoring. It's just when he's not and looks not bothered I have an issue with him.

I agree, it only looked like the right decision in hindsight. He didn't look up for it until into the second half but hopefully a couple of goals has got his head back in it.

Cracking result. Good stuff boys.

The reason Afobe looked poor is because we are playing him out of position. I don't if it's Afobes idea, KJs or both. Whichever way they are wrong. Play him off the last man and he scores goals.

Back to back three goal victories. And McDonald and Afobe back on form. We go in to the international break in quite a healthy position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back