• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham - Wolves matchday thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulham have clearly worked on playing against us. They know all our hotspots and have had defenders swarming all of our usual outlets. Jokanovic has absolutely nailed it. They've looked to have an extra man on the pitch all night.

They didn't look so hot just before the opening goal, Wolves were playing it around comfortably for a good spell and left them chasing shadows.

As disappointing as it is to admit, I think tonight has come down purely to application. The couple of times that Mitrovic has had the ball anywhere near the box he's trying to turn Coady and has ended up creating the two scoring opportunities from doing so, Costa got put in behind twice early doors but showed no such conviction and squandered both opportunities.

Fulham have simply looked far sharper and more determined for my money, they've *cliche alert* wanted it more.

They didn't look so hot just before the opening goal, Wolves were playing it around comfortably for a good spell and left them chasing shadows.

As disappointing as it is to admit, I think tonight has come down purely to application. The couple of times that Mitrovic has had the ball anywhere near the box he's trying to turn Coady and has ended up creating the two scoring opportunities from doing so, Costa got put in behind twice early doors but showed no such conviction and squandered both opportunities.

Fulham have simply looked far sharper and more determined for my money, they've *cliche alert* wanted it more.

Personally I disagree, I thought they'd looked the better side pretty much from the opening whistle. But I do agree that they also look to have wanted it so much more than we have.

They are beating us 2-0 as easily as we beat them 2-0

Difference beimg we are have better players.
Again Manager got it wrong
Players did not turn up.
To the extent Kevin Fucking Siut MacDonald has strolled through the game.

Any one who says that fucking game was not
A wake up call
Disgraceful
Unacceptable

Wants to have a word with theselves

Personally I disagree, I thought they'd looked the better side pretty much from the opening whistle. But I do agree that they also look to have wanted it so much more than we have.

Before the 1st goal we were in no trouble

I think we're out of form at the moment and they're bang in form. It looks a bit like we're bereft of confidence right now. I'm sure Nuno will sort it out and all teams have their blips.

As Cyber says we're still 4 wins clear of third place with 12 games left.

2 points out of 9 is not league winning form. Need to win the next 2 games and get it back on track, or it really will need worrying times.

Shit game, well under par for us. But it really could be a blessing in disguise and a kick up the ass for a few players that didn't show enough tonight. Fulham comprehensively outplayed us even at 2-0 it was more likely they would get a 3rd than us a consolation. Hopefully we will be much improved for the Reading game.

In particular Alf, Saiss & Bonatini could have no complaints if they are dropped for the next game although our lack of CM's might stop that from happening.

I just think if you look at majority of what went wrong for Wolves it was unforced errors, making problems for themselves rather than anything Fulham inflicted, the few times they got their act together they easily matched the home side but never got to a point they could actually land a meaningful blow. I didn't think Fulham looked fantastic themselves but they pounced upon the opportunities when Wolves' mistakes presented them and gave it their best shot.

Disagree.

They created nothing we were in no danger. We did not threaten.
But they showed nothing until Ndai and Coady fucked up, from then on they outplayed us to the extent it's a disgrace

They created nothing we were in no danger. We did not threaten.
But they showed nothing until Ndai and Coady $#@!ed up, from then on they outplayed us to the extent it's a disgrace

Aye well until Manchester City scored 2 in stoppage time in 2011 United were champions so I guess they should be happy with that?

2 points out of 9 is not league winning form. Need to win the next 2 games and get it back on track, or it really will need worrying times.

That's only 3 games. If it was 5 or 6 I'd agree with you but we're not in too much trouble just yet.

I think we're out of form at the moment and they're bang in form. It looks a bit like we're bereft of confidence right now. I'm sure Nuno will sort it out and all teams have their blips.

As Cyber says we're still 4 wins clear of third place with 12 games left.

Bit disappointing that so many heads seemed to drop and how quickly confidence seemed to ebb away, even allowing for the difference in form between the sides you'd like to think the breathing space Wolves have at the top of the league would've allowed the players to escape that sort of pressure but the second half was bordering on a capitulation at times.

Thankfully there's still a comfortable margin and time to turn things around but can't afford many more performances like that even with the buffer otherwise that chasing pack will really start thinking they've got a shot.

That's only 3 games. If it was 5 or 6 I'd agree with you but we're not in too much trouble just yet.
We weren't good against QPR either and were lucky to get the win then too.

We weren't good against QPR either and were lucky to get the win then too.

We were fantastic first half against QPR. 2nd half we were piss poor and we seem to have been fairly poor since then.

We did win against QPR and we've only lost 5 games all season.

We were fantastic first half against QPR. 2nd half we were piss poor and we seem to have been fairly poor since then.

We did win against QPR and we've only lost 5 games all season.
Yep, but like I said before we really need to get back into some form.

We we're strolling against Norwich too. But we were piss poor in the 2nd half again. Something isn't quite right but I'm sure Nuno will sort it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back