• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup Semi Final: Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have given everything and so have Watford. Awful to give away a two goal lead but so much to be proud of.

THEY GAVE IT A GOOD GO!! if i feel bad the players must be suicidal

Fuck me, last 15 mins plus extra time we absolutely awful. Nuno really needs to work on his substitutions, really poor again. So disappointing. If we get anything out of this, its to get rid of Ruddy and Cav along with Costa in the summer. Both were awful I thought.

This is just the start for us though. Next season...maybe

I just despair that after what has happened this season the criticism of Nuno is the first thing so called fans can think to do.

Nuno killed our momentum with the subs, came at the wrong time and the wrong players came off. Would have left Jota on for as long as possible. Our attacking threat wasn't the same after he went off

Proud of our lads today.

Glad I'm travelling to work in a bit as I've already seen our fans calling Wolves a disgrace and I'm not sure I can hold back.

As a game of football I don't think it was that great, started off very scrappy and I don't think either team ever really got near the levels they're capable of.

Both sides had their moments of quality, Jimenez and Deulofeu's first, gave away sloppy goals, Doherty and Deulofeu's second, but I guess ultimately a bit of naivety/gamesmanship/good fortune decided the tie. Think you'd see that penalty shout waved away as often as it would be awarded, perhaps a little silly of Dendoncker to just dangle a leg out there in that situation although there didn't look to be a great deal of contact but Deeney made it very apparent that there had been some and so the referee has a decision to make.

Why take Jota off ? it was his pace all afternoon that was keeping them pegged back. from that moment they played a lot further up the pitch and we're defending the 6 yard box

I just despair that after what has happened this season the criticism of Nuno is the first thing so called fans can think to do.
Fuck me, not even allowed an opinion anymore. I'm not saying Nuno out mate, I'm saying he got the subs wrong, again. Which he did. Another huge mistake was leaving Ruddy on for the semifinal, he was absolutely awful, is a championship standard player as we know- to prove what? Loyalty to a backup player? With the prize being european football? Absolutely awful decision.

Fuck me, not even allowed an opinion anymore. I'm not saying Nuno out mate, I'm saying he got the subs wrong, again. Which he did. Another huge mistake was leaving Ruddy on for the semifinal, he was absolutely awful, is a championship standard player as we know- to prove what? Loyalty to a backup player? With the prize being european football? Absolutely awful decision.

Other than the third goal, what did Ruddy do wrong?

Disappointing. Yes for sure!
But remember where we were 2, 3 seasons ago. This is only the start of a beautiful journey...

Couldn't fault the effort, bit naive. Gutting, similar to the World Cup SF.
Watford are a good side tbf.

Ruddy was fine. Who knows if Jota was knackered? You cannot second guess the manager - he knows more than you.

Actually i wasn't refering to you monstrum, i was following the Ex and star live as when as the comms and they were at it before the end.
i gather from most sensible fan that Diogo was absolutely knackered anyway.

Deulofeu's introduction doomed us more than Jota going off.

Deulofeu had all of our defenders on skates almost immediately. He was insane.

Other than the third goal, what did Ruddy do wrong?

Oh you mean besides letting in the winning goal? They scored 3 goals with 2 shots on target mate. Deulafeu's first, although brilliant, was savable... isnt that why we brought in Patricio, a chance at world class saves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back