• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Shrewsbury (A) FA cup 4th round build up

Little tip Alan.

When someone is having a go, and the mod online is batting for you, avoid the little pokes. You look like the small bloke in a bar fight winding people up because you have the big bloke behind you to deal out the pain. It's unbecoming.

Little tip Alan.

When someone is having a go, and the mod online is batting for you, avoid the little pokes. You look like the small bloke in a bar fight winding people up because you have the big bloke behind you to deal out the pain. It's unbecoming.
That's fair.

Really didn't mean my comment at Pablo to be anything combative. Apologies all around.

That's fair.

Really didn't mean my comment at Pablo to be anything combative. Apologies all around.

Good response mate.

Some posters should be sent to infinity. Or beyond :ursofunny:

Just ban match threads, what do they offer anyway? Build up then verdict is the way to go. Who needs to see or type " yessssss", "he's shit", "you're a twat", "no you are"? It's hardly deep analysis.

Just ban match threads, what do they offer anyway? Build up then verdict is the way to go. Who needs to see or type " yessssss", "he's shit", "you're a twat", "no you are"? It's hardly deep analysis.

Interesting.

Personally I like to see some emotion come through in the posts. What I don't like is unnecessary bile and vitriol. Certain posters get off on being as rude and obnoxious as they can. It's a shame as I think one in particular has so much more to offer with depth of knowledge.
Better to stay quiet and people think you're an idiot than open your mouth and prove it is as true in the internet age as it ever was before

I've given up reading match threads on here, today it would have been justified but in general they are just so relentlessly (and inaccurately) negative. I might chip in a word at half time but that's it.

Interesting.

Personally I like to see some emotion come through in the posts. What I don't like is unnecessary bile and vitriol. Certain posters get off on being as rude and obnoxious as they can. It's a shame as I think one in particular has so much more to offer with depth of knowledge.
Better to stay quiet and people think you're an idiot than open your mouth and prove it is as true in the internet age as it ever was before

The match day threads maybe had some element of benefit a few years ago when we were lower down the tables as those here could at least give a flavour of what was happening (even if we were only getting the Wolves TV feed that was not always accurate to say the least)

Now that we are in the Premier then less relevance to them

Another fan of the match threads here, yes its down to personal opinions but its sometimes the only way I can get to follow the match live...the bbc coverage is usually miles behind. I appreciate the guys that do it, I can live with some of the sillier conments. Anyone that hates the thread or has an issue wth individual posters has a really simple decision to make

Another fan of the match threads here, yes its down to personal opinions but its sometimes the only way I can get to follow the match live...the bbc coverage is usually miles behind. I appreciate the guys that do it, I can live with some of the sillier conments. Anyone that hates the thread or has an issue wth individual posters has a really simple decision to make
There isn't commentary any more though. People are watching streams or at the game. If you aren't just follow Timmy on Twitter

There isn't commentary any more though. People are watching streams or at the game. If you aren't just follow Timmy on Twitter

Not always possible for me to get a stream or watch one, not on twitter, this forum and a bit of fb is as much social media I can cope with. If people at the game or watching on tv are happy to post on match threads, I'm happy to follow them, don't ever get too irritated by whats posted

I occaisionally follow the match threads and must admit I piss myself at some of the exchanges.
It's usually too negative but thats what emotion is like when you are nervous.

Arsenal 1978-79

4 replays 3rd round. Won the thing.

The last time Wolves won the cup in 1960, they were lucky to draw 2-2 with Newcastle at St James' Park. In the replay the following Wednesday, Newcastle took the lead early on, with George Eastham (remember him?) playing havoc with the Wolves defence. Things did not look good. Wolves got a goal back but then Newcastle scored again. The turning point came when Ron Flowers scored a great goal (probably his finest for Wolves) from about 35 yards out a minute before half-time. After that, Wolves went on to beat the Geordies 4-2, then beat Charlton, Luton, Leicester, and (in the semi-final at the Hawthorns) Aston Villa before beating Blackburn at Wembley 3-0. The point I'm making is that for the first 130 minutes of the third round tie with Newcastle, things looked desperate for Wolves, a bit like it felt on Saturday at Shrewsbury until Jimenez scored. Good teams (Arsenal, but more importantly, Wolves) that look like they are going out of the competition but get a last-minute reprieve often do go far in the FA Cup. Here's hoping that Wolves demolish Shrewbury in the replay and get a good draw tomorrow for the fifth round.

Back