• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bournemouth Away 23/2

His pace is electrifying, I'm not convinced he's ever going to be a striker though.
Agree on that was dissapointing to read that's where Nuno sees his future as for me he is an old fashioned winger. We will see but I think you are right.

Having just watched the extended highlights I've got to say that ref is corrupt

Our disallowed goal was bullshit. Mepham does exactly the same thing to Jota (hand on shoulder) but nothing given. It's the exact same thing

Their penalty Moutinho doesn't make contact

Fraser's penalty was him extending a leg into Cav and then falling over outside the box.

Lerma - i don't see how he gives a yellow in that situation. It's either a foream smash or its accidental. Neither warrants a yellow, it's a red or nothing

How he hasn't given Smith a second yellow for a late sissor challenge god only knows

Our disallowed goal was bullshit. Mepham does exactly the same thing to Jota (hand on shoulder) but nothing given. It's the exact same thing

Fraser's penalty was him extending a leg into Cav and then falling over outside the box.

Lerma - i don't see how he gives a yellow in that situation. It's either a foream smash or its accidental. Neither warrants a yellow, it's a red or nothing

How he hasn't given Smith a second yellow for a late sissor challenge god only knows
Not big club

Agree on that was dissapointing to read that's where Nuno sees his future as for me he is an old fashioned winger. We will see but I think you are right.
We don't play wingers though. Not from the start anyway.

I don’t think that is where Nuno sees him ending up. I think he needs to be able to play that when we play our current system and it’s also about getting him receiving the ball higher up the pitch (very slowly improving st this).

Credit to Nuno for finding a solution yesterday. Traoré was able to drift wide when Doherty positioned himself inside and it worked well. We looked a lot more dangerous and Traore’s delivery was pretty good

Out all day yesterday and only just seen MOTD now. I don't go with the corrupt ref scenario but incompetent? Bloody hell. And top marks to Nuno: "sometimes players cheat." Very diplomatic. I have a lot of time for Eddie Howe but there seems to be a simple culture of cheating running through Bournemouth

I'ts a truly shocking performance, and not his first.

I don’t think that is where Nuno sees him ending up. I think he needs to be able to play that when we play our current system and it’s also about getting him receiving the ball higher up the pitch (very slowly improving st this).

Credit to Nuno for finding a solution yesterday. Traoré was able to drift wide when Doherty positioned himself inside and it worked well. We looked a lot more dangerous and Traore’s delivery was pretty good

For me, he’s still not up to his potential, but we can see improvement, and that’s the key. He’s thinking a bit more and passing rather than just running head down, and when he takes on his full back he can be awesome. Still needs to click that he can move without the ball though, but he’ll get more time if people can see he’s learning and improving.

I'm ok with Traore being an option that we use when we need to change to 343.

If he can't play in 352 that's fine, we just use him when we need to go 343.

He's probably the best option we have on the right of that front 3

I'm ok with Traore being an option that we use when we need to change to 343.

If he can't play in 352 that's fine, we just use him when we need to go 343.

He's probably the best option we have on the right of that front 3

This. Although I'd possible rather Cav play on the right currently.

When we have a tiny squad whereby pretty much every single senior player (bar England's Will Norris) makes the matchday squad every game, having a couple of players in Traore and Costa who aren't really suitable at all to start in our normal formation is not a healthy situation.

I think if we had been able to sign a striker like we wanted then it would be fine really. Just having both of Costa and Traore who suit a front three better isn't great I agree. But Cav has demonstrated he can play that role that Jota does, if not what Raul does.

Yeah, Cav is quite good as an almost Jota. He's not as fast or as direct, but closest we have.

It's still nice to have the option to go back to a 3-4-3, but having two right wingers on the bench isn't that useful.

Bloody hell, bit OOT haha

He had an absolute mare, that is clear. Bournemouth players didnt exactly help the ref by playing all sorts of daft games, disappointed in Howe condoning crap like that

Frustrating afternoon but was always going to be a tricky away game. Some positives to take.. still think we will get 7th

Howe doesn’t just condone it, he actively coaches it. That “pushing the boundaries of sportsmanship” or as I would call it “cheating” is their identity.

Back