• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (A) build up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see what team he goes with. Bennett banned for 2 games.

Patrício

Saïss Coady Boly

Jonny Dendoncker Neves Vinagre

Moutinho

Raúl Jota

SUBS: Ruddy, Costa, Traoré, Cavaleiro, Gibbs-White, Doherty, Kilman

As it's the right side I'd play Donck there and Saiss in the middle.

It'll be interesting to see what team he goes with. Bennett banned for 2 games.

Patrício

Saïss Coady Boly

Jonny Dendoncker Neves Vinagre

Moutinho

Raúl Jota

SUBS: Ruddy, Costa, Traoré, Cavaleiro, Gibbs-White, Doherty, Kilman

Thats mostly what I'd go for but don't mind which 2 of the 3 wb's we use, might also give MGW another start in the Moutinho role

Our usual XI but Saiss in for Bennett.

No way to Saiss at RCB, the pre-season games were bad.

Donck or Kilman for me

Patricio
Donck - Coady - Boly
Doc - Neves - Saiss - Jonny
Moutinho
Raul - Jota

See how the defence goes for the 2 games, might be difficult for Bennett to get back in.

Would be happy with any of Doc, Jonny and Vini to start.

Harsh on Traore, particularly as I think he would destroy Alonso.

No way to Saiss at RCB, the pre-season games were bad.

Donck or Kilman for me
Kilman is not a RCB. And not ready either, I've only seen him 1.5 times, but this is really not the game to drop a youngster in out of position.

It will be Saiss there. Donck plays on the right of our midfield three so unless MGW plays instead of Neves that is where Donck will stay

Patricio
Donck - Coady - Boly
Doc - Neves - Saiss - Jonny
Moutinho
Raul - Jota

See how the defence goes for the 2 games, might be difficult for Bennett to get back in.

Would be happy with any of Doc, Jonny and Vini to start.

Harsh on Traore, particularly as I think he would destroy Alonso.

This team for me too. Post-ban, though, I'd prefer to see Donck to Saiss in CM, which would make it Bennett vs Saiss for the RCB spot, and I'd expect Bennett to reclaim it. (That said, Saiss is on form at the moment, so it might be hard for Donck to get straight back to CM if he does well at the back. Good problems to have!) I'm not sure that Vini has the guile to start this one. Doc and Jonny for me.

Vini on the left and Jonny on the right is a possible. Obviously Doc has to be in the conversation after his superb season, but I would love to see Vini and Jonny in his best position.

I would replace Bennett with johny, a natural right footer, and put Vinagre in the left wing back slot.

I would replace Bennett with johny, a natural right footer, and put Vinagre in the left wing back slot.

Jonny at RCB? he's very small to play CB, I know there's not much chance of an aerial bombardment but prefer to see someone bigger in that position.

Got a waistcoat on today Pav?

Not a bad idea imo, but since we have Donk and Saiss who could play there perhaps not needed. Would be worth a go in future though.

Got a waistcoat on today Pav?

Not a bad idea imo, but since we have Donk and Saiss who could play there perhaps not needed. Would be worth a go in future though.

I realise he's no giant, but he is mobile and would like to see him bringing the ball out from the back with Doc up that right flank.

Tell me, what's the significance of the waistcoat? i may have been away too long.

Probably just me being old and old fashioned, just can't get my head round someone at CB thats not at least 6 ft.......no doubt I'll be bombarded with tales of classy 5' 6" CB's now lol

I realise he's no giant, but he is mobile and would like to see him bringing the ball out from the back with Doc up that right flank.

Tell me, what's the significance of the waistcoat? i may have been away too long.
Gareth Southgate 'converting' Kyle Walker to an RCB in similar fashion.

Since the game at Molineux we've picked up more points (27) than Chelsea have (25) as well as getting further in the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back