• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Newport County - Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, 2012/13. My mind goes into reflex and tries to blank all that year out. Added now.

I'd take no risks with anybody and win or lose on the night with the second string.

Looking at the perevious years as posted by DW, for a few years 2009 to 2013 we weren't exactly given an easy draw when we did see off the "minnows" going out to Man Utd twice, Man City and Chelsea so we COULD of had a decent cup run had we had a kinder draw... :whistle:

Newport were the visitors at The Abbey on Saturday and took a good going over from Cambridge. Their lottery-winning Chairman resigned recently and consequently they are having to cut their cloth to suit.

Newport had been on the up for a few years, but they were a shadow of their recent selves on Saturday. They've the look of a team on the slide, and not one that could raise its game significantly enough to trouble Wolves. Butcher is whining about the size of his squad and the injuries, but to be fair, he'll have his work cut out keeping that team in the league. The wheels are about to come off at Newport, and I'll be surprised if Butcher is there much beyond Christmas.

Even by our standards, it would take something special to cock it up this time!

Is anybody actually going to go to this?

I might go, working from home tomorrow so will be one of the very few night games i can get to.

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 3 mins3 minutes ago

Kenny Jackett has revealed that he will be making 'two or three' changes for tomorrow's @CapitalOne_Cup fixture against @NewportCounty.

KJ says we will only be making two or three changes. I'll say, Dicko, Golbourne, Iorfa?

That might make it more worthwhile going to see them as I'll be driving back from Oxford and I can detour on my way back...

KJ says we will only be making two or three changes. I'll say, Dicko, Golbourne, Iorfa?

The front two plus Iorfa I would say. If, of course, Ken is to be believed. What he says doesn't in advance doesn't always happen.

Still not going, I am done with cup games for the foreseeable having been scarred by many of the games in my list on the last page.

Martinez will play tomorrow if the deal goes through in time.

I'm going along to this.

Don't get many chances to get to games so going to take it when I can! Just got to Wolvo so into town to buy a ticket and then will head to the Western for a (hopefully) Bathams.

Hope they make it worth your while mate!

Hope they make it worth your while mate!

I'm out and about with work anyway so not much of an effort to come and watch.

It's only £10 anyway so hardly breaking the bank!

It could break your soul though...

I thought about it this morning and swiftly talked myself out of it. It will be shit.

1st League cup game since Manchester City stuck 5 past us in 2011. I’m expecting Doherty to start, I hope he performs slightly better that in that one, where Adam Johnson ripped him to shreds for the whole 90 minutes. Only going as I work in town and its an excuse to attend the pub before and after the game. I expect however its bound to go to extra time and end in inevitable defeat in the 119th minute.

I thought about it this morning and swiftly talked myself out of it. It will be shit.

Avoided the temptation of watching 120 mins of us battle against a L2 side by arranging a Birthday meal for my lad....

Now, if we win 8-0 and it turns out to be the greatest ever performance by a Wolves side in Round 1 of the cup....he can forget his 18th next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back