• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burton v Wolves - Pre Match Build Up..

Quirkafleeg

EMF Band Member. Dube player.
Reaction score
So it looks like we will see the return of yet another ex fucking rat in Micheal Kightly. He signed for Burton on loan and should make his debut Saturday.

I fully expect a few changes again. Costa, Wiemann and Stearman should all return. Will Bright keep his place in behind the striker, or will he go Mason or even Rohan. Its a breath of fresh air we can talk about the likelihood of players in form being left out, because the squad is ticking in whatever positions. Regarding Stears like Tuesday it was unlucky Stears being left out, will the same be said about Hause who has been brilliant last two games.. Personally I would also keep Bod up top..

On top of all that Ikeme is back after his ban, sad on Burgoyne but he's still learning and for me will keep his place in the squad over Lonerghan.

Ikeme

Coady - Batth - Stearman - Doherty

Edwards - Price

Bright

Costa - Bod - Wiemann​

Ikeme

Marshall Batth Hause Doherty

Edwards Evans

Costa Enobakhare Weimann

Bodvarsson

SUBS: Burgoyne, Coady, Stearman, Saville, Ronan, Dicko, Mason​

I'm off to this one. Looking forward to seeing Kites too.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Stears bought back in for Batth. Weimann and Costa will likely play. It wouldn't surprise me to see Edwards get a rest either with Saville coming in.

I think we'll see:

Ikeme

Coady - Stears - Hause - Doherty

Price - Saville

Costa - Mason - Weimann

Dicko

I forgot we signed Marshall, still think he'll be on the bench though.

I forgot we signed Marshall, still think he'll be on the bench though.

The player himself has said he has little proper training in January since Coyle told him to fook off. So bench at best for him for the next 2 games I reckon

I'd like to see:
Ikeme
Coady Stearman Hause Doherty
Edwards Price
Costa Ronan Weimann
Bodvarsson

I expect Batth and Mason to play instead of Hause and Ronan

I'd like to see:
Ikeme
Edwards Price
Costa Ronan Weimann
Bodvarsson

That would be my team too.

I'll be surprised if Ronan is dropped after his display against Barnsley. It will be interesting to see if Price keeps his place ahead of Evans.

I'd like to see:
Ikeme
Edwards Price
Costa Ronan Weimann
Bodvarsson

I would go with this team too, Ronan was really good last night but I would love to see him in that no 10 role. Mason can have no complaints if he is dropped IMO, I appreciate it isn't his favourite position out wide, but Ronan was in the same boat and did well.

I'll be surprised if Ronan is dropped after his display against Barnsley. It will be interesting to see if Price keeps his place ahead of Evans.

Saiss will be back in contention as well.

I'd like to see:
Ikeme
Edwards Price
Costa Ronan Weimann
Bodvarsson

I'd go with this too, agree that Batth probably plays, maybe Evans for Price too

The problem is how much do we rotate? They say don't change a winning side.

For now I guess I'd go with Tony's team, but maybe with Iorfa for Coady. Suspect Dicko will start this one though and Batth will play.

The problem is how much do we rotate? They say don't change a winning side.

For now I guess I'd go with Tony's team, but maybe with Iorfa for Coady. Suspect Dicko will start this one though and Batth will play.
IMO if we're training properly we should be able to swap players without too much difference to the overall performance (excepting differences borne of players' variable strengths and weaknesses).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

So it looks like we will see the return of yet another ex $#@!ing rat in Micheal Kightly. He signed for Burton on loan and should make his debut Saturday.

I fully expect a few changes again. Costa, Wiemann and Stearman should all return. Will Bright keep his place in behind the striker, or will he go Mason or even Rohan. Its a breath of fresh air we can talk about the likelihood of players in form being left out, because the squad is ticking in whatever positions. Regarding Stears like Tuesday it was unlucky Stears being left out, will the same be said about Hause who has been brilliant last two games.. Personally I would also keep Bod up top..

On top of all that Ikeme is back after his ban, sad on Burgoyne but he's still learning and for me will keep his place in the squad over Lonerghan.

Ikeme

Coady - Batth - Stearman - Doherty

Edwards - Price

Bright

Costa - Bod - Wiemann​

Yep that will do nicely. Need three points from these please before we have a few home games and hopefully a change of home fortune.

Given how well Bod played on Tuesday and the last 20 or so Saturday I expect him to start if he's fit enough to play (not as injury just as in playing so many minutes in a week).

Setting off to the game soon, anyone else going?

I reckon Bod should get the nod. Given the pace and our counter strategy I imagine Burton will defend pretty deep. Not really set up for Dicko to use his pace.

Whoever is selected, in my opinion the good thing is that Paul Lambert can now make a few changes without weakening the team. He has options available to him, most of which are very good options.

In many ways that's his best achievement, Frank. What I really like is the way that some players have improved significantly since he's been here

Given how well Bod played on Tuesday and the last 20 or so Saturday I expect him to start if he's fit enough to play (not as injury just as in playing so many minutes in a week).

Setting off to the game soon, anyone else going?

In the home end with a Brewers fan :hmmm:

Back