• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Newport County - Capital One Cup First Round: Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent cross from Iorfa after being fed by Afobe - queuing up on that but nobody can get anything on it & Golbourne cannot keep it in play

That's the half time whistle - an average performance, but from a league cup perspective over recent years at least we are not losing

Get VLP on - Doherty can get to feck

The right flank is quiet because Doherty is playing there.

He's playing as a quasi full back, right mid, attacking centre midfielder. It's confusing as hell.

VLP would have an easy run at these lot, we need to bring him on.

surely we cannot lose to this newport team, who has had trouble with injuries and with our strong team out there..i just dont see it this year

Predictably awful stuff. One chance each one goal. Midfield non existent Doherty Halford-esque at right midfield. No urgency and no ideas, you're unlikely to see worse defending either for their goal. Completely asleep.

It could be worse - you could be at Rovers v Blues which is horrific.

Wes Thomas clean through and somehow managed to lob it 4 feet over the bar. Remarkable.

inclined to bring Stearman on to give a semblance of order to the back line who appear all over the place.

That plus a real attacker on the right rather than Doherty who is like a fish on a bicycle there at the moment

Both of those moves will improve the situation - one spot left for Le Fondre or Enokbokare

inclined to bring Stearman on to give a semblance of order to the back line who appear all over the place.

That plus a real attacker on the right rather than Doherty who is like a fish on a bicycle there at the moment

Both of those moves will improve the situation - one spot left for Le Fondre or Enokbokare

The back four are fine now it was just s shaky 15/20 minutes. Newport haven't offered any threat.

It's only our lack of attacking impetus meaning we're not leading.

It could be worse - you could be at Rovers v Blues which is horrific.

Wes Thomas clean through and somehow managed to lob it 4 feet over the bar. Remarkable.

Leon-tastic.

Has Hause had a good match this year? Doesn't sound like it. Poor in preseason and not living up to his billing here either.

By all account he's started shaky and grew into the game against a good forward

I think EEL is the one who's more ready at this moment in time, but Hause as the one with more potential will reap the rewards of these experiences in the first time in his proper position

I'd be in favour of scrapping this cup entirely tbh. They need to change something about it at the very least. The SFA are considering introducing a group stage to the diddy cup, maybe we should do something similar with the league cup.

Coady clattered in the first 20 seconds - play stops for treatment, but he seems OK

I just had to log out and log in again and it was fine.

The Wolves World 'Auto Renew Manager' seemingly cancelled my subscription on the 21st yet took out my £4.50 on the 30th, now wont let me back in.
It recognises me but says my subscription has run out, needs renewing.
Then doesn't recognise the fucking details.... Well it did on the 30th!

Le Fondre & Henry warming up - presume Doherty (please) off & Dicko possibly

Cleared off the Newport line as EEL nearly gets enough on it from an Ojo corner - Dicko wide from the melee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back