• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Owls - Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMunro-371

Reaction score
I think we must win this to keep our play off hopes alive. And we do have a good record against Sheffield Wednesday.

Come on me babbies!

Come on me babbies!

Does that even work in your accent? :icon_lol:

Wednesday didn't look anything special when I saw them at Hillsborough, we should have too much for them going forward today.

Goldbourne and Dicko in for Hause and Henry apparently

TEAM NEWS: #WWFC: Kuszczak; Doherty, Batth (c), Stearman, Golbourne; van La Parra, McDonald, Price, Sako; Afobe, Dicko. #WWFCvSWFC

#WWFC Subs: McCarey, Edwards, Henry, Evans, Doyle, Ebanks-Landell, Hause. #WWFCvSWFC

Iorfa not in the squad?

Good starting line-up. Glad to see Golbourne in the starting XI. Tough game, as the pressure is on us to win and to improve our goal difference. SW are a decent away side, so 2-1 to us. We must win!

The right changes - though could have lived with Henry instead of VLP given the pace of the other 3.

Need to put this one to bed and keep the pressure on

Grudge match for me, too. My son-in-law is a Weds fan and he is trying to get my grandson to be one, whereas I bought him a Wolves strip and have threatened to take him to Molineux to indoctrinate him as a fourth-generation Wolves supporter. I also remember that fantastic FA Cup tie, in February 1995, where Waddle slagged us off and then missed a penalty as we went on to win. They were awful supporters, on the night, and their players were arrogantly expecting to slaughter us.

Front four of -

--------Dicko-------
Sako--Afobe---VLP

Exactly what I wanted and suggested in the Brighton verdict thread. That front four looks lethal. K-Mac & Price holding with Golbourne back in at left back? I like that a lot.

Originally I wasn't happy with the thought of signing Afobe and then pushing him into the no 10 role but he looked decent there on Saturday when Dicko came on and it looked like a system that could work.

Think that Afobe is intelligent enough to play more than 1 role - though from the (few) matches I have seen them both appearing in they do tend to interchange a fair bit anyway

Very good team for us..i have good vibes tonight, a must win to be in play-off contention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back