• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Your first Wolves game

Yes!! Well done! I remember that logo on that programme very well, yet have absolutely no recollection of Evan Williams in goal!
Where did he come from, how long did he last??
I remember all the fuss when we signed Alun Evans... wasn't he the first player in the UK to break the £100,000 barrier?
I remember the photo of him with blonde spiky hair and a self conscious grin, 'Wot me, 100,000 pounds, nah!'

I'm sure you've made this statement before :D

We SOLD him for £100k. We didn't sign him off anyone.

Double hit there as it's instant déjà vu!

It's like me 'remembering' how we signed Robbie Keane for £6m.

Evan Williams signed from Third Lanark, played 13 games for us over 3 years. Brief loan spell at Villa and then went back to Scotland and joined Celtic.

According to Wiki he only played 131 league games across his career, 82 of them for Celtic. Did play a European Cup Final and won man of the match despite Celtic losing.
I actually liked Evan Williams in goal, but he never had a chance of a decent run in the team.

Double hit there as it's instant déjà vu!

It's like me 'remembering' how we signed Robbie Keane for £6m.
Thanks Dan, straightened me out there, again.
Do you realise how heavy it is carrying all these bent, distorted, mis read fractions of information around in my head?

Thanks Dan, straightened me out there, again.
Do you realise how heavy it is carrying all these bent, distorted, mis read fractions of information around in my head?
You're welcome, see you in six months no doubt.

Not sure Alun Evans had "spiky hair" while we're at it.

evans-newboy.jpg

First game 1973 home to Man U beat them 2 - 1 and i think it was the year they went down - oh the good old days :)

Would it be too sacrosanct to slap the wolf head into the city crest where the cross is?

Because, honestly, I think that would be dope as shit.
You've been smoking too much of the stuff.

I've been saying "dope" since well before I first toked tbf.

Evan Williams signed from Third Lanark, played 13 games for us over 3 years. Brief loan spell at Villa and then went back to Scotland and joined Celtic.

According to Wiki he only played 131 league games across his career, 82 of them for Celtic. Did play a European Cup Final and won man of the match despite Celtic losing.
Walked into my local last week to watch FA Cup final, a big Celtic fan in there pointed at an old boy sitting in the corner, said yer man over there played in goal for celtic & used to play in goal for Wolves as well, Evan Williams, confessed had never heard of him. Very nice man was in Donegal tracing his late wife's family roots, didn't get much Wolves talk out of him as load of Celtic heads in for their cup final started talking to him.

Never been to England yet to see Wolves in person:cry:

However, I was in Raleigh a couple of weeks ago to watch a Wolves team play in the 7v7 tournament down there and got to talk to Scott Golbourne for a few minutes.

Does that count?

Never been to England yet to see Wolves in person:cry:

However, I was in Raleigh a couple of weeks ago to watch a Wolves team play in the 7v7 tournament down there and got to talk to Scott Golbourne for a few minutes.

Does that count?
Certainly not!

Back