• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal (H) Weds 24th April

Pablowolf

Gets Wanderers mixed up
Reaction score
Ticket next to me in the NB Upper is available for £20. Any takers?

We are looking tiredf. Arsenal however may have their eye slightly on Europa. They should be too strong. I hope for something but fear 0 2

Watched Arsenal Watford and thought both Watford did well with 10 men and Arsenal looked a bit... toothless? Hopefully we can get something from this. If they have more possession it will suit us.

Let's see how they do today at home.

We are looking tiredf. Arsenal however may have their eye slightly on Europa. They should be too strong. I hope for something but fear 0 2

Oddly I thought we looked really fit yesterday. Moutinho in particular was snapping into challenges and he and Neves covered a lot of ground.

Dont think we look tired at all, uninventive...yes but not tired.

Coady looked a bit ponderous at times and his passing was a bit off. He was also holding his hamstring too.

Coady looked a bit ponderous at times and his passing was a bit off. He was also holding his hamstring too.

I think someone mentioned on here the other day he looks like he is carrying a knock. Get past these two games and I can see Kilman getting a game against Fulham.

He's played every single minute of every single game (including both cups). Some fatigue is understandable for him (he had nothing to do yesterday, so knock or not, it impacted on nothing).

He did try and get forward a bit more than usual yesterday. Looked very confused when he got midway in their half though.

Pretty much the only criticism i could ever level at him is he looks poor when he steps up. Odd considering he used to be a CM and scored an absolute belter against us. Still love the guy and anyone who ever suggests he isn't a guaranteed started is clearly an utter belmer.

Agree. I've been really pleased with how he has done this season - the England calls were not unrealistic (just a change of system for the national team being the issue). I think he can keep improving too under Nuno.

He did try and get forward a bit more than usual yesterday. Looked very confused when he got midway in their half though.

Pretty much the only criticism i could ever level at him is he looks poor when he steps up. Odd considering he used to be a CM and scored an absolute belter against us. Still love the guy and anyone who ever suggests he isn't a guaranteed started is clearly an utter belmer.

He's saving his one goal a season for the final day :)

I said around Christmas that he was favourite to get my vote for Player of the Season, he will be getting it now.

Coady has been superb and stepped up in a position where playing the role season after season helps you get better.

I think Boly is mine for now. Coady, Joao and Raul all up there too.

Özil, Lacazette and Aubameyang all starting today suggests to me they won't all play against us on Wednesday. Which I think is a good thing as Arsenal look a much stronger side with all of them in. They've changed a few of their back five and two centre midfielders though.

He's saving his one goal a season for the final day :)

I said around Christmas that he was favourite to get my vote for Player of the Season, he will be getting it now.

Mine too. Never looked out of place and always one of our best performers. Top player.

Our mate Twatwell in the middle on Wednesday, solid choice, no previous in this fixture.

Donck and Vinagre in for me. Arsenal have nothing at right back/RWB Jenkinson started there yesterday to be dragged off at HT and Mustafi is a bombscare.

Our mate Twatwell in the middle on Wednesday, solid choice, no previous in this fixture.

FFS

Donck and Vinagre in for me. Arsenal have nothing at right back Jenkinson started there yesterday to be dragged off at HT.

Maitland-Niles will be brought back in won't he? Think he was just rested as has had his injury issues this season. I think I'd rather start Jonny against him.

FFS

Maitland-Niles will be brought back in won't he? Think he was just rested as has had his injury issues this season. I think I'd rather start Jonny against him.
Isn't he naturally left sided?

Think Arsenal will line up something like

Leno

Sokratis Koscielny Monreal

Niles Torreira Xhaka Guendouzi Kolasinac

Aubameyang Lacazette

They changed their shape half way through the game last time they played us to play with three in midfield so wouldn't be surprised if they start like that. Possibiliy Iwobi and Mkhitaryan might start this one as they didn't yesterday which I'd prefer then playing with their top two!

Back