• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Barnsley (A) Build Up Thread

Equally you feel he's likely the easiest upgrade in the team (or tied with Doherty, perhaps).

This is nuts, whether people on here rate him or not, he has been consistently picked by most of our recent managers and has been mostly good this season.....first name on the team sheet atm

This is nuts, whether people on here rate him or not, he has been consistently picked by most of our recent managers and has been mostly good this season.....first name on the team sheet atm

He's in a great stretch of form and he's a lovely guy but we've never seen anything to suggest that this won't be just a nice blip in his career and ultimately you'd want a comfortable dribbler in that position over the long term.

Ruthless business and all that.

3-1 win away on a Tuesday night after that FA Cup win and without Costa. Nicely done chaps.

Great win. And all without our two record signings too.

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 1m
1 minute ago

Fantastic performance. In its own way that's even more impressive than Saturday.

Calm yourself Tim.

Fucking brilliant lads.

Dear Mr Lambert. I am so sorry for calling you a Scottish fucktard early on, please forgive me.

Quirk.xx

He's in a great stretch of form and he's a lovely guy but we've never seen anything to suggest that this won't be just a nice blip in his career and ultimately you'd want a comfortable dribbler in that position over the long term.

Ruthless business and all that.

As he's been mostly playing CM, I'd say ideally for that position tribbling is the last thing you need, what I'd like is vision, good range of long and short passing, tackling and a good engine.....I know Dave doesn't have many of those qualities but you do get commitment, hard work, puts opposition under pressure, a few tackles and pops up with some important goals...thats good enough for me and it seems most of his managers

I've opened a verdict thread complete with silly title.

As he's been mostly playing CM, I'd say ideally for that position tribbling is the last thing you need, what I'd like is vision, good range of long and short passing, tackling and a good engine.....I know Dave doesn't have many of those qualities but you do get commitment, hard work, puts opposition under pressure, a few tackles and pops up with some important goals...thats good enough for me and it seems most of his managers

You need to have good close control though or you risk losing the ball in some very, very dangerous positions.

10 points off relegation, 11 points off the play offs. We can't... surely?

No cup hangover then. Great result. Very impressed with Mr Lambert. Hope we can go into the Chelsea game undefeated and on the back of a good, confidence building run. Well done Dave Edwards who doesn't seem to get the credit he deserves and a special mention to Ronan and well done to Harry in goal too. Great night and only 11 points off the play offs :whistle:

10 points off relegation, 11 points off the play offs. We can't... surely?

11 points off the play-offs, 18 games to go, in this topsy, turvy league, if we can maintain anything like this form.......of course we can make it...there, I've gone and said it

He's there on merit right now and fair play but the picked by managers argument is a little weak considering that's included Walter Zenga, Terry Connor and Dean Saunders. If any of them told me the Sky was blue I'd wait until morning to check ;)

We'd need to win at least 12 of those games plus a few draws to have any sort of chance.

Back