• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Besiktas Home EL Final Group Game

As long as it doesn’t have an effect on Spurs, so be it. Nuno obviously wants to try and be seeded.

I would expect Bennett, Kilman, Vinagre, Neto and Cutrone to start. CM is an issue, perhaps give Neves and Moutinho a half each with a youngster alongside. I’d like Doherty and Traore to have a rest for sure.

Only the back room team know how tired they are. Saiss and Donk aren’t physically tired. They are two of the fittest in the squad and haven’t been doing much running, plus Saiss has a break with suspension, So I wouldn’t be against them playing in midfield. Jordao might play but I’m not sure how high he’s rated at the minute. The defence can be easily changed without weakening too much given that’s where our depth is. Given Raul is suspended and Neto will likely play, its only really Jota/Traore and Doc that need to play without picking kids.

Rui

Vallejo/Bennett- Coady/Bennett - Kilman

Jonny/Doc - Saiss - Donk (Jordao) - Vinagre

Traore/Neto - Cutrone - Jota/Neto

Any combination of that team probably wins the game too and key players get a rest. Start bringing Sanderson at WB or Perry/Campbell then the result and performance will go the same way as villa

Patrick 9/2 first goalscorer on Thursday with Bet365. Given that he's certain to start and quite possibly - in the absence of Raul and Neves - a possible penalty taker that looks like a decent price to me

They have Raul at 3/1!

No one has the central midfield correct yet.
Forwards and defence are not far off

Neves and Saiss in midfield - back to the Championship.

Just for comparison, to see if they're playing a weakened team, Besiktas line up for last game (won 3-2) was
Karius
Gonul - Vida - Roco - Rebocho
Elneny - Hutchinson
Diaby - Ljajic - Erkin
Yilmaz

Karius

He must play as any other goalkeeper strengthens them surely!

In Nunos press conference it was said that Beiktas had left some players behind.

Will be interesting to see how if at all it changes from what we saw today.
Ruddy and Vinagre are playing nuno confirmed that in his conference

Buur starting for the first time since he rescued a point with that header against Hull in the promotion season! (I think)

ELm1wplWoAEgeL5

Why play Coady, Donck, Neves and Moutinho? Just unnecessary and needless
Ruddy
Buur
Bennett
Coady
Kilman
Vinagre
Neves
Dendoncker
Moutinho
Cutrone
Neto

Provided Neves and Moutinho don't play more than 60 minutes I've no problem with that line up

Got no issues with it personally. Jota for Joao after about 60.
They've made 10 changes which we knew from the squad they'd sent over, there were players flagging on Sunday, because we've played so many games and there are no assurances Braga lose so it would become irreverent. I don't get it, particularly Moutinho

Back