• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Best streaming box or stick

Hereford Wolf

Reaction score
Hi

Recommendations please….

As the header says. I just want one that supports Sky Go as well as everything else.

Something easy to take on holiday!

Cheers

Only xbox does Sky Go I think, maybe PS.

If you can do Now TV instead there are a lot more.

Yes, I take my old Xbox on holiday to watch the Sky Games.
Im just looking for something a little smaller!

Sky Go will run off a laptop or a console. Or you can watch it on a phone/tablet, but you can't cast to a TV. Nothing else, no chance.

Yeah its a bit rubbish from Sky really.

Isn't their reason/excuse for that to stop people streaming live Sport to TV's in Pubs? So they just blanket ban any casting

Can just do that with a laptop though

Isn't their reason/excuse for that to stop people streaming live Sport to TV's in Pubs? So they just blanket ban any casting
Stream on to laptop, HDMI to tv and either duplicate or extend screen on laptop display settings?

Always good to know I'm still on Leeds ignore list :ROFLMAO:

They can't control that aspect I presume but casting they can.

I guess it protects them from legal action from the likes of PL should people choose to show via such a method

BT allow casting off their app though, as do Amazon.

It's just Sky refusing to do something because they can.

Sky Go itself is a clunky old bastard.

You can cast from the Now TV app though

I signed up for the VM Stream box recently - decent offer for Sky Sports at £18.75 p/m

Only way to watch sky sports, outside of the box, is via the Sky Sports app, totally random - not Go, not Now TV, not even VM's own app.

The best streaming stick overall is the Nvidia Shield Pro - basically a full computer under the hood (the Nintendo Switch uses the same hardware), it has a lot of AI upscaling tricks under the hood for improving image quality, Google TV is a very slick interface, and it has most apps, and can actually play games. It is also very, very pricey. The newest generation of Chromecasts (2022 models), however, are basically the same, albeit not quite as feature rich, yet for a far smaller cost.

Not sure on Sky Go compatibility but I’d go for one of those personally if it is compatible. I also like Roku devices - Sky’s Now TV sticks are just rebadged Roku sticks.

Would stay away from Fire sticks/boxes either way. Amazon’s fork of Android for the OS means a much more restricted number of apps.

Thanks for checking that. Its looks a good option (although costly!)

So, is that the only one that has Sky Go on, or is there any more?

You used to be able to side load it on Android devices but that hasn’t worked for ages.

Get a Formuler box and IPTV 🥸

Back